1.0.0: [1.0.2] Crashed when placing Gas-Burning Generator

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to find a workaround for this issue except for one. One I'm afraid to do due to worldgen concerns. The workaround is to disable Engineer's Toolbox, load the world, remove the offending gas-burning engine, and then reenable Engineer's Toolbox and load the world normally.

Hopefully this can get fixed soon. I miss playing my world. (I love playing with all these unfamilar mods, even if they are slightly less than polished.)

Aphex124

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, simply go into MCEdit and find where it was placed, and delete it. I just ended up banning the generator until it gets fixed because nobody really why it crashes. BTW, the mod it is from is Mekanism.

Halkhan

Jul 29, 2019
I had it crash when I had the wrong gas type go into the machine. I hooked it up to oxygen instead of hydrogen. I loaded my back up and placed it correctly and all is good. Hope this helps.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Does this still occur in 1.1.0?
Indeed it does. The issue has been fixed in 8.1.6 dev version (Mekanism-1.7.10-8.1.6.07102015.jar) but it has been quite a while and the person who compiled it hasn't heard from Aidan to give the approval for release.

EDIT: You can find the jar in the GitHub for Mekanism. Remember, this isn't released, so no complaining when it sets your computer on fire.
https://github.com/aidancbrady/Mekanism/issues/2809#issuecomment-120461769

Last edited:
Reactions: buggirlexpres