Mac 0.3.1 Minecraft Launcher Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabinD

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB v0.3.1 launcher seems to do everything fine and then FML kicks in and does it's installing and validating and stuff. I had high hopes when the minecraft launcher showed up, but then it just crashed out. Not even sure where to find the crash log for that. All that I can say is that everything appeared okay and then the minecraft launcher popped up with a black screen and closed again.

Mac OSX 10.8.2
Java 7 update 9
FTB Beta 0.3.1

If you know where the crash log is, I'll post it for ya'll.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it can generate properly in this case, but try looking for some .txt in %appdata%. There should be some files called "ForgeModloader-client-x"

SabinD

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I found two of them, not sure which one is more useful, so I uploaded both. Not sure how to recreate the issue, because all I can do is create it, so I hope this helps.

Attachments

• ForgeModLoader-client-0.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 72
  • ForgeModLoader-client-1.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 77

bhblacky

Jul 29, 2019
where did you find it? in github there is no automatic build of it ;) well i'm actually a github noob, don't know how it exactly works

SabinD

Jul 29, 2019
I found those two logs in the hidden .minecraft folder in the FTB install directory

bhblacky

Jul 29, 2019
nono, i mean the installable launcher (.exe) itself. the 0.3.1 build? in github under automatic builds, i can only find the 0.2.2

Komoden

Jul 29, 2019
Had the same problem as OP yesterday when trying 0.3.0... (same versions of OSX and java as OP)
Haven't had a chance to test 0.3.1, but will do that when i get home from work.

Komoden

Jul 29, 2019
Tested it... Added the FTBLauncher log and the FML log...
the FML log seems to look the same as the ones OP posted. (FML log 0)

Also... seems the Launcher is throwing a big connection error... this should probably be enclosed in a try-catch and print a meaningful message instead? Since it's not a breaking i guess it comes down to the client just trying the connection again?

Tried removing NEI and all it's add ons... didn't work (FML log 1)
Tried removing entire CodeChickenCore (NEI and EnderStorage removed aswell)... didn't work either (FML log 2)

Mac OSX 10.8.2 (12C60) (running on a Mac Mini 5.2 with a Core i7 2,7 Ghz - dual core)
Java 7 Update 9
FTB 0.3.1 (downloaded 15min before this post)

Attachments

• ForgeModLoader-client-0.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 73
  • FTBLauncherLog.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 80
  • ForgeModLoader-client-1.txt
    2 KB · Views: 90
  • ForgeModLoader-client-2.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.