• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Watchful11
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yes, I am indeed serious about making a 1.0.0 pack, I have already begun creation of the pack, so testing older versions would be awesome of you.
    As for version numbers, I am going to do versions of the pack without Forge, as some people say it could cause issues with this certain old mod but others want it. I was hoping to have 'NF' and 'WF' at the end of the version, guess I'll have to use a .0 or .1 instead.
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    I tried it, didn't work. The launcher pulls straight from assets.minecraft.net, which only stores select minecraft versions back to 1.2.5. So nothing earlier will work.
    Hey, I have two questions about modpacks.
    1. I know that the instMods folder contains files to be injected into the minecraft.jar, in what order are these files injected? My best guess is alphabetical.
    2. What minecraft versions do you support? I am thinking of making a 1.0.0 modpack to make an old mod available for people on the launcher.
    I know that you are now requiring that the mods in private packs are listed in the text file, but i still gotta ask if a Google doc spreadsheet is OK if it is setup as Mod - Author - Permission. It just seems like it would be easier since the Google spreadsheet would even have live links. And it's easier for submission because spreadsheets are so organized.
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    A spreadsheet is okay as long as it is readable. I reserve the right to make you redo it.
    Hey, Just wondering when the mod pack I submitted to you on Wednesday will be up. Sorry to be a bother I understand your busy.
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    I will look over it again and if everything is good, it will go up tomorrow, or later today depending on your timezone.
    I would just like some instruction on how to install it could you write them down because I'm having some certain issues I'm sorry to say...Anyway thanks

-L
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    It should be fairly simple. Start the vanilla minecraft launcher. Run the 871 forge installer. Run the instance once. Navigate to your .minecraft folder. Drop the contents of the pack zip in said minecraft folder. Start the instance again. It will likely take a while. It depends on your computer, but mine takes a good 3 or 4 minutes.
    Any luck with the packs this week? If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    My homework? :)

Not really, I'm almost done with the uploads.
    P
    Phuriousgeorge
    It's been a few years since college, but as long as it's not cal-based physics I should be able to manage ;)
    hi watch, in order to make a mod pack is it just getting there permisshion and giveing proof to you?
    Okay what I'm referring to is when coders do sloppy coding it gets harder to update their mods compared to organize or treelike coding
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    not FTB's problem, and not yours. How mod authors code is up to them.
    why is mod maker make it so head on them to git out mod update
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    No offense dude, but I'm not going to be able to take you seriously, or even really answer you, unless you can type.
    how do i pm you?... do i start a conversation? i want to send you a private server mod pack
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    Click on my name at the start of this message. Then click Start a Conversation.

I have no idea why there isn't just a button on the profile somewhere.
    Hello,
    I am gathering all the permissions for a private server modpack but the owner of the voxelmap mod (MehStrongBadMeh) last visit on FTB was on 29 may and doesnt seem active. The spreadsheet said i had to PM him on FTB. Is all hope lost or is there a way to get his permission?
    I'd like to thank you for your work.
    I hope you can keep it up must be hard looking these pointless messages on your wall.
    Our commutiny is very impressed and we couldn't do this level of awesomeness without your help.
    Thank you man. Keep it up!
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    Thanks, I really appreciate the support
    I sent you a PM for modpack update, please could you have a look as soon as you have chance. Thanks
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    Just so everyone knows. I read all my messages. In 3346 received messages, only once has the sender had to contact me again because I forgot to do something. I appreciate that everyone is concerned about their packs, but I don't have time to reply to every single message I receive as soon as I recieve it.
    J
    jacob_pro
    oh sorry, I didn't mean to irritate you I just saw that everybody was posting here and I thought that is what I was supposed to do. Thank you very much for all the hard work you do! I really appreciate it!
    I sent you a PM of my modpack submission on Saturday. Wasn''t certain if you saw it, I just wanted to make sure there were no problems with anything. Hopefully it will be up soon? Thanks.
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    Yeah, I will send you either a confirmation or message saying what's wrong. Probably today or tomorrow.
    P
    Picante
    Ok thanks again!
    i just have a question: why cant i play FTB on a non-premium account?
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    Nothing to do with FTB. You can't play minecraft with a non-premium account.
    B
    baxstar1111
    yes you can :O just play offline
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    You still have to log in at least once to download the minecraft jar. If you are playing minecraft without buying it, you're stealing it from somewhere.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…