Spatial IO modular base?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MarinaL

Jul 29, 2019
Besides power concerns, would it be feasible or even possible to create a modular base via Spatial I/O? You have a setup of several Spatial I/Os, and each drive produces a certain material/block, and has power and item inputs/outputs. It might not be efficient, but I think it would be fun to have a base where you can switch out, say, a Pneumaticcraft pressure chamber for an industrial grinder, and have to monitor power consumption, resource consumption, etc. for a bit of a challenge. Would this be possible?

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
You could depending if the spatial io will get the blocks I know ender io will not go in and remains where it was test first in creative then just have it so when it shows up assuming it works a way to get power to it and whatever else you need. I do like the idea though well done.

Deterlo

Jul 29, 2019
Spatial IO only moves whitelisted blocks. You can add the blocks you need to the whitelist, but be warened: Some might behave oddly or crash your game.
Spatial IO works by moving the selected area into its on Dimension, it can even be loaded while stored. So storing blocks that are known to cause trouble when moved by third party mods should be avoided

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Besides power concerns, would it be feasible or even possible to create a modular base via Spatial I/O? You have a setup of several Spatial I/Os, and each drive produces a certain material/block, and has power and item inputs/outputs. It might not be efficient, but I think it would be fun to have a base where you can switch out, say, a Pneumaticcraft pressure chamber for an industrial grinder, and have to monitor power consumption, resource consumption, etc. for a bit of a challenge. Would this be possible?
This is not dissimilar to the Material Energy maps, in which areas are loaded and unloaded at request. There are some issues with it, specifically with some blocks that might not manage to transfer, but it's a valid basis for a base.

MarinaL

Jul 29, 2019
So it's possible? Thanks guys! Once I manage to get FTB Resurrection to finally load past the Mojang logo, I'll try it out.