Direwolf20 1.7 nether quartz and glowstone problems

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

crusaderkvw

Jul 29, 2019
hi there guys,

i think i found some sort of bug, altough i'm not sure. wich is why i am not making a bug report as of yet.
side info: im running the latest direwolf20 stable version(1.03)

i just went to the nether for the first time on my new world, and upon mining nether quartz and glowstone i noticed that the yield seems way of of the normal yield you would get. nether quartz would give me only 1 piece of quartz and glowstone only 1-2 pieces of glowstone dust. i don't know if this is intentional or indeed a bug, so if anyone knows more about this i would love to hear it. p.s. i've alreaddy tried looking on the internet for answers, but came up empty.

greetz!

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
hi there guys,

i think i found some sort of bug, altough i'm not sure. wich is why i am not making a bug report as of yet.

i just went to the nether for the first time on my new world, and upon mining nether quartz and glowstone i noticed that the yield seems way of of the normal yield you would get. nether quartz would give me only 1 piece of quartz and glowstone only 1-2 pieces of glowstone dust. i don't know if this is intentional or indeed a bug, so if anyone knows more about this i would love to hear it. p.s. i've alreaddy tried looking on the internet for answers, but came up empty.

greetz!
Pretty sure this is what you get without any fortune.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
hi there guys,

greetz!
Pretty sure this is what you get without any fortune.
Yup, completely normal without Fortune.

crusaderkvw

Jul 29, 2019
alright, but is this a new thing for direwolf20 1.7? because i seem to remember getting 4 quartz and 4 glow dust per ore in direwolf20 1.6 and 1.7 version 1.02.

either way: i alreaddy thought it was a feature so, thanks for confirming that :D

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
alright, but is this a new thing for direwolf20 1.7? because i seem to remember getting 4 quartz and 4 glow dust per ore in direwolf20 1.6 and 1.7 version 1.02.

either way: i alreaddy thought it was a feature so, thanks for confirming that :D
If that's true DW in 1.6 must have been changed from Vanilla.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
For the glowstone you should be always getting 2-4 glowstone per block, fortune only makes it so the dice rolls higher meaning you get 4 more often. You probably got unlucky.

As for the quartz that's just normal, it's always dropped one per ore without fortune.

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that's normal but consider investing some time in tinker's construct fortune ( lapis are EVERYWHERE ) or botania ( after elven magic you can easily have infinite quartz/glowstone )

Reactions: yotus

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that's normal but consider investing some time in tinker's construct fortune ( lapis are EVERYWHERE ) or botania ( after elven magic you can easily have infinite quartz/glowstone )

Maybe a quick explanation on the infinite quartz with botania ? that's interesting, because I always run out of it somehow...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Demonic bees...
Produces Glowstone and Phosphor(which is turned into lava for power).
Insanely easy to breed.

kla_sch

Jul 29, 2019
ohh..... haha, didnt know that haha. thanks for the reply :D. gotta get fortune on my pickaxe then :p

My suggestion: create a pickaxe by tinkers' construct, add silky jewel, flux capacitor and fill up the rest with redstone. Glowstone can be harvest very fast with this tool. Later process the stuff with your machines.