Bug Weird problem with redstone energy cell?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hi, I have a weird issue with a redstone energy cell and conduit. In the setup in this screenshot:

C41LrOf.png

The cell is constantly drained VERY quickly (even with the dynamo next to it constantly inputting power) when the redstone conduit is present at the bottom of the cell. Even though nothing else is connected to the conduit. It is just a conduit on its own. Removing the redstone conduit removes the drain and the cell can fill up normally.

This is with 1.6.4 UHS modpack (Ultra Hard Survival). Anyone has any idea what the issue here could be? Normally I would use EnderIO conduits but this modpack doesn't have EnderIO unfortunatelly.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
don't the conduits have a pretty large internal buffer? It should eventually stop. As long as more conduits aren't added.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Yes, that's faithful32.

Anyway, I don't think it is the internal buffer unless the buffer of a redstone conduit is bigger then the energy cell itself (it totally drained my cell). It *solved* itself when I restarted Minecraft so I think there was some kind of bug.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I once heard someone having a problem with ghost machines, basically machines that were once placed down, and wrenched up again, but the game still though the machine was there and kept pumping power into the ghost machine.
did you have a machine near that conduit before?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
No but I did have other conduits there before. i.e. this happened after I upgraded the conduits.

TwiiCe

Jul 29, 2019
I see conduits hooked up to the top of the cube, would you mind removing those, putting the cube a few blocks away and check if the same problem still persists?
This would rule out ghost machines.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I see conduits hooked up to the top of the cube, would you mind removing those, putting the cube a few blocks away and check if the same problem still persists?
This would rule out ghost machines.

Removing those would break my power setup as the cables at the top lead back to my harvester and furnace which is needed to get the charcoal for the dynamo to get power into the cell in the first place :)[DOUBLEPOST=1413449877][/DOUBLEPOST]And besides, it works now so I can no longer reproduce the problem.