Cannot craft Macerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickoladze

Jul 29, 2019
This is on multiplayer

I can pick the Macerator up out of the crafting table output, but it is immediately dropped back in and "uncrafted". Restarted server and everything, still no luck.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
If you have GregTech enabled the recipe involves higher tiered items to craft it.

Edit: or the server configs have them disabled.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Ash is right, but I'd wager that the server has GregTech enabled while you don't. This leads to a server-client mismatch, in which the server is authoritative. Because the server does not accept your input (the recipe), it rejects the packets and resets your progress. =)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Ash is right, but I'd wager that the server has GregTech enabled while you don't. This leads to a server-client mismatch, in which the server is authoritative. Because the server does not accept your input (the recipe), it rejects the packets and resets your progress. =)
WooHoo! I like being right :)

**I like likes too :)

Reactions: Punny Bunny

Nickoladze

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. I run the server so what would the optimal fix be?

edit: GregTechMod is enabled in my client. Doing a search for Macerator in NEI gives the old recipe that I was trying to use (the one without diamonds).

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. That's a bit odd, then. If you don't intend on using GregTech, you can always delete it from both the server and client mods folder. If not...I'm at a loss. Not sure where the mixup is occurring. Have you tried making the GregTech version of the macerator? In other words, are you trying to make the one with flint or diamonds in the recipe?

Nickoladze

Jul 29, 2019
Just looked over the config files and it looks like the one on my server is different than the one on my client. Unexpected, as I haven't done ANY tweaking (vanilla FTB on both).
The expensive recipe was enabled on the server and disabled on my client, just as predicted.

I'll run a diff between the two sets of config files when I have some more time and figure out what else is broken. Really odd.

Ackros

Jul 29, 2019
how did you fix it? my group just moved fto mtekkit to FTB with Mindcrack v6

the macerator recipe was different and we want it to revert to normal recipies IC2 not Gregtech

is there a safe way to fix this on server side?

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
how did you fix it? my group just moved fto mtekkit to FTB with Mindcrack v6

the macerator recipe was different and we want it to revert to normal recipies IC2 not Gregtech

is there a safe way to fix this on server side?
Whatever the server owner does. You have to do the same. If he/she makes a custom IC2/Gregtech config. He/she needs to give you the same config file. I suggest making backups of each config file you receive otherwise you will have this issue over and over if you go to more then 1 server.

Status
Not open for further replies.