[Server Idea] FTB MonsterRP [Coming Soon!][Hiring]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mackey

Jul 29, 2019
MonsterRP
Coming Soon (Name not Final)

Server Concept

We literally have every kind of modern day infrastructure in Minecraft with
the latest versions of the FTB mod packs, but with modern day servers the majority
of players play by themselves or with a small group of friends. But when we have all these
mods and all these tech trees to follow it can become quite overwhelming. MonsterRP aims to change
the way you play by making players work together while still letting players play the game how they want to.

All the players will be apart of a large town like a modern day city with plenty of large, small and mid sized plots for the player to buy to build whatever they want. As well as a large "Wilderness" for free building. Players will be able to start industries to produce certain things. For example food, energy from any of the mods, specialty items and maybe just general resources to exchange for the in-game currency. To advance their business or their own life. An example business would be a small Industrial craft power plant to power a part of the city, you would need to maintain the network, apply for permits to build under the city roads and charge your customers. This creates a challenge for you the player owning the business but it makes the other players games easyier as they don't have to worry about generating industrial craft power. Another example is a fast food restaurant so players don't have to worry about food as much.

The city will have a major and government departments for example a player could work for another persons company to get their game started and earn enough money to buy a plot. The city major will be in charge of selling permits for buildings and paying players to build things like roads and more. That's the basics of the idea.. and i'm sure I've missed some of our ideas.

When's it coming?
MonsterRP is a work in progress and we're looking for expressions of interest to help us test the server and tweak the game play. If all goes well it could open in a week from posting this. We're also looking for moderators to be employed as "Police" in-game. as well as staff for the government.

Note:
To help create a more realistic role-play world, we added 2 extra mods outside of the normal FTB Monster pack.
These are 1. a car mod to allow players to drive on the roads and a roads mod to create realistic roads.

If you're interested in playing or helping the server get setup please add me on skype at
Mackey.jenkins :)

BWFVqA5.jpg

ExmIiFU.jpg

Last edited:

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Is that cow about to walk into a <shamelessadvertising> and eat some of its own kind? I dont condone animal cannibalism, unless it makes them extra tasty. So what I'm asking I guess is do you have additional mods added to make the cows extra tasty under said conditions?

In all seriousness, sounds like a nice idea. I'm just wondering what your plans are by way of support for the server (pay structures) and what kind of experience the mods/admins have in running a server and using the mods in the pack.

Rrett

Jul 29, 2019
If it weren't for me Setting up a CTB anarchy server I would most Definitely apply for 'police' and most likely play on your server.

Fortunately, and unfortunately I do have my own convictions.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
if only my internet didn't slap me and say NOPE whenever i join a server...
Ditto.

Also I'd totally be running a Curio Shop on this server if I could actually play Minecraft MP at home. Thaumatalogical Nicknacks and assorted Magical baubles.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Love the Idea of a Modern World in Minecraft Though, Will there be contry leaders and Stuff like that. I Think you will need a mod like Archimedes ships for over see travel and trading. Will there be different money for different regions? Will you put in SethBling's pickpocket plugin? Can I Have Stock?!?!?! Man I'd love to blow my money out on stock.

Sounds interesting, 10/10 would play, but I don't have Skype. :(
Neither do I, I would suggest using pm but then your inbox might get cluttered.

All i can say no is

Grand Theft Blocko....

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I find the issue that trumps having more sections is people learning how to find the section they need to post in. People seem to just post in general when they want foot traffic.

karl2002

Jul 29, 2019
In fact my own server runs a town/city community but we don't force it on so it is totally up to our members if they would like to live in a town and work together with others. We currently in fact have 3 towns connected up via railcraft. Looks pretty epic so fast.

One of the benefits of living in a town is the fact your working with others so you tend not to be playing on your own. Then there's also the fact that we offer protection for towns and citys via worldguard so there is always a reason to live in a town/city.

Any one is welcome to join us we are fairly active so far but we need others to start the creation of our next town or city:)

But creating that sort of community is not something that's easily done and can be quite stressful on the server and the clients if you think about it you have more going on within one town so machines etc. This can take a toll on fps for other players and I have seen this happen fairly often to the point of not really being playable for others.

Thanks

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
In fact my own server runs a town/city community but we don't force it on so it is totally up to our members if they would like to live in a town and work together with others. We currently in fact have 3 towns connected up via railcraft. Looks pretty epic so fast.

One of the benefits of living in a town is the fact your working with others so you tend not to be playing on your own. Then there's also the fact that we offer protection for towns and citys via worldguard so there is always a reason to live in a town/city.

Any one is welcome to join us we are fairly active so far but we need others to start the creation of our next town or city:)

But creating that sort of community is not something that's easily done and can be quite stressful on the server and the clients if you think about it you have more going on within one town so machines etc. This can take a toll on fps for other players and I have seen this happen fairly often to the point of not really being playable for others.

Thanks

Yeah thats why I had to leave your server. ... my computer coulsnt handle the pressure... ( also I get an id conflict with opencc... you mifht want to look into that with customs mods added )

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk