Extra Bees Mod - Does it work?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FendishLion

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing the DW20 pack and I noticed that they left out extra bees this time. I really like the mod and wanted to know if anyone had tried installing it manually and run into any bugs I should know about. Also, if the team/direwolf/anyone of importance is reading this: can we please have extra bees added officially to the pack ? :D

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
There was bugs with it and binnie was away.
He is back and trying to get it to a state where it can be used without major bugs :)

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Is already on a state that can be used without major bugs, is just that they need Direwolf to allow it to be used, which can take a while.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Never worked out how to trigger said bugs myself, mind you (not that I went out of my way to try). We've been using it on our DW20 server for weeks now.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Use it since dev build for 1.6.4 on my FTB DW20 server and had no problems (just a quick note don't store anything in barrels, seems to trigger chunk reset so avoid using barrels with any machine from this mod. Just a note here, we're just starting the bee base at the moment, we're not using any machines from it at the moment, and we upgraded to the latest build yesterday to make sure we wouldn't have problems but it seems cocoa combs aren't in NEI anymore with thid version, will have to ask Binnie about this one...

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I'm using the newly released version 1.8.0 of Binnie's mods with DW20 pack version 1.0.7 and it seems to work fine. I simply dropped it in with zero config changes.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Actually it has been added back into 3 of the mod packs. I know the DW20 1.0.12 has it. I think the other two are magic farm2 and techworld 2.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it has been added back into 3 of the mod packs. I know the DW20 1.0.12 has it. I think the other two are magic farm2 and techworld 2.

Checked the official listing for DW20 1.0.12 and Binnie isn't part of it, I know since I use that modpack and just updated my server yesterday to the 1.0.12 and had to find the updated Binnie mod to update my server since I use it since the beginning of it...

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
Just adding forestry to my modpack, was hoping to add extra bees in for a friend and maybe extra trees. I take it theres a lot of fun to be had as it is. Not used it before :)
Ill keep an eye on it and when its added to another 1.6.4 pack ill move it in :)

Take care
Brian.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
looks like Jaded is wrong on this one, just took a quick look at the mods folder of the most recent (1.0.12) version of FTB DW20 1.6.4 and binnie isn't in it...

It has been days since DW20 modpack has been updated. Its possible they are doing testing for binnie's mod before releasing after the issues that were happening before. They also may be looking into the issues with MFFS needing to be updated as well (huge issue generating fortron and applying some machine upgrades). I fixed it myself by updating Calclavia, UE, and MFFS to the latest versions.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
anyway. Theres gendustry now.
Ive never wanted the extra trees trees, and don't care for the extra bees bees. All I wanted was the machines and gendustry seems to be an improvement there.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
It has been days since DW20 modpack has been updated. Its possible they are doing testing for binnie's mod before releasing after the issues that were happening before. They also may be looking into the issues with MFFS needing to be updated as well (huge issue generating fortron and applying some machine upgrades). I fixed it myself by updating Calclavia, UE, and MFFS to the latest versions.

That could explain I couldn't generate any forcefield even in my test world and the MFFS machine asking for a ridiculous 50000mj/s which is nearly impossible to generate legibly...

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
looks like Jaded is wrong on this one, just took a quick look at the mods folder of the most recent (1.0.12) version of FTB DW20 1.6.4 and binnie isn't in it...

Hate to say this, but her information is as reliable as most of the wikis out there these days...

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, there are bugs with some of the fluids, but it works.

MagicFarm2 (JadedCat's modpack) uses BinniesMods. No bugs so far for me.

Also, I used 1.8-dev2 in my last 1.6.4 100+ mod custom mod pack my previous world and I hit a honey/juice fluid registry bug, but it wasn't a big deal. It didn't crash my world.

You may also want to look into Gendustry. Bdew is doing a great job with that mod and it's a nice take on the ExtraBees machines. The biggest change for me is tree mutation support in Gendustry. Very nice upgrade/change there from ExtraBees/ExtraTrees.