Uhhhh..... what?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ret

Jul 29, 2019
Lol so here's the story... I've had this single player world going since the Monster pack was released. I havn't done anything to break it. Something I like to do it let it sit running while I sleep at night so things that require time get done quicker (like on a server). Some things I've done include my xp farm on most nights, let quarries run, things like that.

Last night, I set up a mana bean farm using golems. I decided to let that run overnight. Well, I woke up this morning, and saw the game had crashed.... that's odd... So I decided to launch my game, and hope that it opened. Everything worked just fine. except on of my ME Crafting Terminals in my house. for some reason it wasn't connected... WELL I went outside to where the wire runs... and once i step outside,

http://imgur.com/uv7rtD4,h316wFr,wSwIbX1,FGPlozC

LOL WHAT HAPPENED????

I had NOOO idea what happened...

So then, i was like Oh! The crash log!!

http://pastebin.com/sYmgciPz

"DEADLY TORNADO".................................

Needless to say, I'll be moving my entire base into a bunker environment underground................

For those of you wondering, I don't think thats part of the normal monster pack. I have added a few mods to the pack for my own enjoyment, including tropicraft and weather mod. Which is where I believe it came from.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. That was definitely a tornado from the Weather mod.
Nope, it was 2 tornadoes
Kappa.png

Ret

Jul 29, 2019
And using /xp

not using /xp actually. if you read the post, i have an XP farm that i idle every night. for the past 2 weeks, 10-12 hours a night, almost an entire week of just gathering xp constantly.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I do not get why Weather would be in Monster. It's a mod that makes building all but impossible. It's fun for adventure packs like Hexxit, but... monster? It's like adding meteorcraft of Meteors! It can be fun, but smashes precious things and discourages building.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
The weather mod is nice, AND you can disable the world damage in the config, or lessen it, plus it cant pick up some blocks so you can build against it to stay safe.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Which is why it's not in the pack by default. The OP added it. If you add it without changing configs: your experience will vary.

Haha, I just assumed it was a recent and inexplicable add. My bad. And I'm pretty sure that post up here has been edited. :)

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
World damaging mods are fine so long as its made clear at the outset so measures can be taken. Large mod packs are hard enough to learn without severe losses/penalties as it is. IMO it would better serve such mods to be biome specific and serve some purpose. For instance if meteorcraft made specific resources only available from meteors and disabled them in worldgen otherwise. If post tornado all the plants matured almost instantly I would be inclined to use it. Doesn't have to be that, but something like that.

Ret

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of interest, why so much xp?

I have a hoarding problem. lol i have about 80k iron and i still have the urge to run quarries. like 6 quarries at a time lol. The xp thing was just something easy that I could do. Its not a good idea though lol. I died near my bed, and when 5k exp orbs drop on the ground bad things happen.

Reactions: loboca

Blue Sky

Jul 29, 2019
I do not get why Weather would be in Monster. It's a mod that makes building all but impossible. It's fun for adventure packs like Hexxit, but... monster? It's like adding meteorcraft of Meteors! It can be fun, but smashes precious things and discourages building.

One of my world ideas is to add all the "natural disaster" mods, and play a guy who's forced to build underground. I'm going to have various warning screens and daylight sensors set all over the area around his base, so that he can see exactly what's outside at any time.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I have a hoarding problem. lol i have about 80k iron and i still have the urge to run quarries. like 6 quarries at a time lol. The xp thing was just something easy that I could do. Its not a good idea though lol. I died near my bed, and when 5k exp orbs drop on the ground bad things happen.
Stand on a grate from Openblocks and put all of the xp in (a few dozen) tanks.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
its xp drain?and with 5k levels you would need something like max sized steel tank from railcraft.
Is it's LiquidXP world placeable? Use BC pumps that place liquid in the world and fill a mystcraft age with xp.