Is it possible to get a turtle to put items into a diamond pipe filter ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
@ OP, Why not go to the turtles section of CC forums check out some of the wood cutter programs & look at there code for hints, but really what you seem to be doing is over complicating the problem, the normal way to go about his is to have the turtle drop into a chest then pull from chest & sort as needed, pull into AE network & auto process from there.

If your a little new to something try keep to the basics until you feel confident to advance to higher levels, & never over complicate a problem unless you do intend on making a Rup Goldberg machine.

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
The program i am writing, is an auto logger.....i realise there are lots around, but seemed a good way to learn turtle script....has been quite a 'fun' experience.....almost finished the construction, now on to the logging program.

Incidentally i log in to the computercraft forum every day, but still cant make posts....or reply to any, dont know why.

Have managed once to send PM to a mod but got no reply...

Thanks for everyones input

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
If you are just making a simple logging program, the question then becomes, why do you even need to interface with the Diamond Pipe in the first place?

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
If you are just making a simple logging program, the question then becomes, why do you even need to interface with the Diamond Pipe in the first place?

Because i want to offer the choice of different trees....e.g. Apple, so,the apples would be ' filtered' intoma separate chest

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
The program i am writing, is an auto logger.....i realise there are lots around, but seemed a good way to learn turtle script....has been quite a 'fun' experience.....almost finished the construction, now on to the logging program.

Incidentally i log in to the computercraft forum every day, but still cant make posts....or reply to any, dont know why.

Lots of forums have a user post limit to do things like create topic & PM, IE after 5-10 replies you can pm, after 20-50 you can create a topc etc, no idea if this is the case there.

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
You need to have made a certain number of approved posts before you can start threads and you can not post in every thread straight away. (I think the number is three). Look around the forum until you find a thread that you can make a reasonable response to (make sure you aren't necroing the thread and that your comment is on topic). If you still run into problems contact one of the forum admins according to the rules in this thread, http://www.computercraft.info/forum...members-needing-to-ask-questions-please-read/
Unfortunately i cant reply to ANY posts....really dont know what to do to post / reply on CC forums

In any case, why do you need the turtle to set the filter on a diamond pipe. Why not do it manually? It only needs setting once.
Also, turtle.drop(side) does not put items into pipes. However, it might work for conveyor belts (almost definitely I think). The item router is almost the same as the diamond pipe in terms of functionality and works with conveyor belts. Also, conveyor belts can catch falling saplings. (Conveyor and item router from Minefactory Reloaded).

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Because i want to offer the choice of different trees....e.g. Apple, so,the apples would be ' filtered' intoma separate chest
You can code the turtle to put the apples in a different chest by moving the turtle or outputting to a different side. Using a diamond pipe to do that is an unnecessary middleman.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019

Don't worry at all whether some one has already written a logging program. Its good that you are doing it yourself, especially if you are having fun (or 'fun'!).
Can you post your actual code here. If there are any technical challenges that you are not sure about then some of the FTB forum members might be able to help (I might, unless if you are intending to make a logger that can handle oak trees or other trees that can have branches.)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could have the turtle dump everything into the same chest and just account for it in your sorting system. From the chest move items to a [preferred sorting mechanism, diamond pipe, sorting machine, item router...] and let that sort out your produce. It is like the MFR harvester. That machine can harvest almost anything, from trees to crops. It will dump everything it gets into one output and it is your responsibility to sort it to your preference later.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
You can code the turtle to put the apples in a different chest by moving the turtle or outputting to a different side. Using a diamond pipe to do that is an unnecessary middleman.
He wants to automatically build tree farms - in which case he can have his builder turtle place another turtle, give it the necessary filter blocks, and program it to act as a diamond pipe.

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
Lots of forums have a user post limit to do things like create topic & PM, IE after 5-10 replies you can pm, after 20-50 you can create a topc etc, no idea if this is the case there.
Hi
I have not made a single post yet, or replied to any.....there is a small black box saying i cant make any post or reply to any.......

Perhaps someone could contact a mod on my behalf...

Thanks

Drkevlar

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen DW20 use tesseracts placed by turtles. My suggestion would be to let the turtle eject items to the tesseract and filter the items at the receiving end ?

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
I have not made a single post yet, or replied to any.....there is a small black box saying i cant make any post or reply to any.......

Perhaps someone could contact a mod on my behalf...

Thanks
Oh really?
Then why does your rank say member and not new member?

Epic_Dave

Jul 29, 2019
so im not sure if im completely understanding what your trying to do or not but they cannot directly interact with a diamond pipe but no one seems to have mentioned using an obsidian pipe for the turtle to drop the items onto to enter the pipe system then be sorted via diamond pipe in some way. i believe that would be the only way for a turtle to interact with pipes without the use of a chest or anything other then pipes truely. anyway i hope it helps and if not well just throwing it out.

-Dave

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everyone......for the time being, i will leave the placing of items in the diamond pipe for sorting to the user of the program. Maybe one day the turtle will be able to interact with the diamond pipe and add filters .....until then will be patient....

Just the issue of computercraft forum....have been a member for several weeks, log on each day and still cant make any posts or reply.....need some help,please