Mod for several tasks on one machine side?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for a mod that work on other mods to insert, transport, extract all at one side of a machine.

I want to build a good looking network of automated machines in a pack like Direwolf20´s pack.
But i cant find a solution put power, input, export etc on one side of the machine. It always ends up that i need atleast two sides for full automation with refine storage etc.

Think i had something before called Router
That could send everything from one location through blocks and into a machine....
Skip wires as long as some blocks where touching

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Give XNet a try. The advanced connector gives access to all sides from a single face and provides 8 channels on the network for power, fluid, items, etc to multiple machines.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
in addition to the 2 above, EnderIO conduits will do that since you can stack all the pipes in the same block. You can also use dimensional transceivers from EIO.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Looking for a mod that work on other mods to insert, transport, extract all at one side of a machine.

I want to build a good looking network of automated machines in a pack like Direwolf20´s pack.
But i cant find a solution put power, input, export etc on one side of the machine. It always ends up that i need atleast two sides for full automation with refine storage etc.

Think i had something before called Router
That could send everything from one location through blocks and into a machine....
Skip wires as long as some blocks where touching
The Router was an amazing machine added by Factorization back in the <1.6 days. There have been a few attempts to resurrect the machine(like Router Reborn), but it was never the same.

Being able to automate a machine from one face really comes down to one of two things:
  1. The machine is not "sided" or can be configured to just one side. Things like EnderIO machines can be configured to have both input or output on the same side. Then you can simply use something like EnderIO conduits to input, extract and power that face.
  2. You have some automation that can "wirelessly" access all the different sides. Like the Routers could. I defer to the others advice on what solutions are available these days, since I am a bit out of the loop.