Current Day Packs - Need Name

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
A lot of packs these days focus on making recipes harder, but do they really make them harder?
For example, in FTB Infinity Evolved Expert mode. 1 Wood = 2 Planks and You need compressed cobblestone to make a furnace.
Does this actually make it more difficult? Or does it just increase the duration of the pack? A truly difficult pack would force you to do a lot of mods and finish them but not to a large extent such as requiring blocks instead of ingots for something like Terrasteel. All that does is forces you to wait for mana to collect. That sort of thing won't exist in this pack.
Vanilla Progression Will Not be touched in any way.
Mods will have nerfed requirements in terms of how many you need, but you need the late game things such as Gaia spirits but you don't need 100s of them.
Any ideas?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
A lot of packs these days focus on making recipes harder, but do they really make them harder?
For example, in FTB Infinity Evolved Expert mode. 1 Wood = 2 Planks and You need compressed cobblestone to make a furnace.
Does this actually make it more difficult? Or does it just increase the duration of the pack? A truly difficult pack would force you to do a lot of mods and finish them but not to a large extent such as requiring blocks instead of ingots for something like Terrasteel. All that does is forces you to wait for mana to collect. That sort of thing won't exist in this pack.
Vanilla Progression Will Not be touched in any way.
Mods will have nerfed requirements in terms of how many you need, but you need the late game things such as Gaia spirits but you don't need 100s of them.
Any ideas?
I’ve been watching someone’s playthrough of All The Mods: Expert (the original, not the remastered) and it sounds like it would be up your alley. You need to progress in numerous mods - including towards endgame stuff - and many recipes are altered so mods are tied into one another. But there isn’t the same level of crafting or resource tedium that there is in other packs, from what I can tell. Whether it’s something you might want to play or just gain inspiration from, I recommend you give it a look! :)