Low FPS @ Space Astronomy

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

Tolstoy

Hey Guys,

i'm sorry for this thread. I know there are a lot of Thread about low FPS and so one but none of them helped me...

My System:
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (6x 3,6Ghz)
GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro +Bp (8GB Vram)
RAM: 12GB
SSD: OCZ Vertex2
Java: Ver.8-Update.91 64bit

FTP ram set to 4gb, optifine is installed. Even mipmap is off.
I'm struggling with low fps ingame. When the worls is loading it's about 3-9 FPS. When it's done it reach 25 max.

Has anyone some other tips? I'm running out of ideas.

T

Techly88

Hey Guys,

i'm sorry for this thread. I know there are a lot of Thread about low FPS and so one but none of them helped me...

My System:
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (6x 3,6Ghz)
GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro +Bp (8GB Vram)
RAM: 12GB
SSD: OCZ Vertex2
Java: Ver.8-Update.91 64bit

FTP ram set to 4gb, optifine is installed. Even mipmap is off.
I'm struggling with low fps ingame. When the worls is loading it's about 3-9 FPS. When it's done it reach 25 max.

Has anyone some other tips? I'm running out of ideas.

Close anything that is running including Minecraft launcher once Minecraft is started, clock down in game settings, and monitor your system for any possible "bottlenecks". Then from there you can know what to do (for instance if the CPU is getting too high then you may need to upgrade it).

Reactions: Tolstoy
T

Tolstoy

Thanks for your answer. But it's not a "bottleneck".
Somehow the "Terrain Animation" has messed everything up. Without i have about 90fps. When i activate it, the fps drop under 20.

T

Techly88

Thanks for your answer. But it's not a "bottleneck".
Somehow the "Terrain Animation" has messed everything up. Without i have about 90fps. When i activate it, the fps drop under 20.

No problems. :) That's news for me, what is that part of? The pack or some sort of setting?

T

Techly88

It's inside the Optifine settings under "Animation".

I see, that weird how it does mess it up but doesn't put any strain on your system to indicate a bottleneck. Because typically low FPS is caused by the system not having enough to go any "faster" thus keeping the FPS so a respected system can keep up.