Keppa FTB Server Bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taladan

Jul 29, 2019
So far the bugs we've encountered with the server version (betaAServer, downloaded from the FTB launcher v1.0.1):

Macerator recipe same as old IC2 (we have Gregtech enabled) works to produce a macerator in the output window, but you can't pull the macerator out.

Extrabees - Apiarist's Database can't be crafted, blank templates can't be crafted (thermionic fab recipe).

Currently icynewyear is our bee guy, and I'll get him to post any other issues with the extra bees mod.

I've also noticed an odd behaviour, at times my screen will suddenly go to the minecraft menu, or if I'm in a Gui/Inventory it will 'lock' in there and I'll be unable to either ESC or use my inventory hotkey to return to the game. I end up having to kill the process and restart and it continues to do this. After some testing, it does this in both multiplayer and single player modes.

If we find any more bugs, I'll post them in this thread.

Taladan

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that the databank causes a crash with the attached logfile, it didn't only occur for icy.

Taladan

Jul 29, 2019
Issue resolution for the Gui/menu 'lock' bug: Ended up switching away from sun-java-6jre over to openjdk-7-jre and this appears to have resolved the gui locking issues. Have played with this for a couple of days and it seems this fixes it.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Macerator recipe bug is caused by mismatching client and server configurations. Typically, this is seen when the config files for GregTech are different clientside and serverside. Can you check and make sure that GregTech is installed for the client as well as the server? Then see if the config file for the server GregTech mod shows recipes as enabled. Lastly, make sure the GregTech client config has recipes enabled. =)

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I have the macerator problem too. Both my config and the server's config for GregTech is the same and it hasn't resolved the issue.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't, no. How would I go about doing this? I've tried googling and couldn't find anything.

If I disable it server side, would it hurt others who log in but have gregtech enabled?

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
It would indeed throw off things. The best way to do this is to create a new test world (creative should be fine to get your necessary materials).

To remove GregTech, simply take it out of the "mods" folder in FTBBETAA/minecraft/mods (I think that's the path) for both client and server. Lemme know what happens. =)

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm honest, I think GregTech is causing a lot of issues than it is doing any good. I think it would be wise to leave it out. FTB's challenging enough without EE2. EE3's not going to throw it off any time soon. (With any luck)

I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for the support~!

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Many would agree with you, and there are definitely discussions concerning its conclusion. The current idea is the possibility of multiple modpacks, some with GregTech and some without. =)

Reactions: Wabbit

Taladan

Jul 29, 2019
Macerator issue status = Resolved.

To deal with the macerator issue, I copied the clientside gregtech.cfg over to the server side, restarted the server and this seems to have resolved the issue. I've been playing with this for a couple of days now and don't seem to be having any more problems with crafting the macerator (original recipe *KFC FTW*).

Taladan

Jul 29, 2019
This is likely more a mystcraft or factorization bug, but I wanted to put it here because I know the FTB team works closely with both of those devs.

Reproducible error: using a portal gun to grab (G) a factorization barrel and carry it through a mystcraft portal crashes the server. I would assume this is a bug since chest carts seem to have no problem traversing mystcraft portals, and I have no problem using a portalgun to put other things (animals, blocks, etc) through mystcraft portals, but I'm not sure which mod causes this issue.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Many would agree with you, and there are definitely discussions concerning its conclusion. The current idea is the possibility of multiple modpacks, some with GregTech and some without. =)
That sounds good on paper, but to be honest I'm not sure I like the idea, especially when the launcher at the present time seems to have issues loading the three modpacks that already exist. To make a modpack just for mods like gregtech and such seems, again, like more effort and trouble than it's worth when you consider the amount of work it would take to make stable and the amount of work I imagine the FTB dev team is going through already.

The best idea in my opinion would be to just have extra mod support for turning off a mod's functions for SSP only while keeping the mod installed and present in the background. That way server/client relations aren't effected and still remain open to whether the server has a mod enabled or not and adapting client's mod functionality to match. Like turning GregTech on for that server. I'm sure that FML or FTB wouldn't have much issue making this a possibility.

With regards to bugs, FTB's new. It's still in the early development stage, therefore there's bound to be bugs and glitches and it just requires fine tuning, good feedback and patience to get to the stages where it's stable. THEN we could look into more mod packs.

icynewyear

Jul 29, 2019
icenewyear, while I appreciate the thought behind collecting the server's bugs into one area, I'm going to ask that each bug be a new, separate thread. The reason for this is the ability to mark/lock threads once a solution has been found. This is nearly impossible to do with threads that have ongoing new additions. Please keep up the great reports (and thanks for the logs!) and let everyone on your server know that we prefer separate threads for separate issues. Thanks!
No problemo :) Want these separated out or kept as is?

edited for typo

Taladan

Jul 29, 2019
Punny - sorry, that was my bad, I was encouraging everyone on team keppa to post their bugs into this thread so we could keep track of bug resolutions for our server. I'll let the folks know how you want it handled. Thanks for letting us know!

Tal

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
The original post is fine, too many comments to move things at this point. New threads should be a bug a piece. =)

Edit: No worries, Tal, I didn't have that posted anywhere. I'll add it to one of the stickies now...=D

Status
Not open for further replies.