Request Remote access to chests without AE2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
My friend has one hell of a complicated setup using Applied Energetics 2, where he can throw everything from what was in his chests onto hard drives, and be able to access them via terminals, and a wireless terminal.
Since I don't have the patience to do all of that complicated, tedious work (plus know where to have a room just to store AE2),.. I still would like a similar setup. Yet I don't have need for the auto crafting.

I just want to be able to remotely access all of my chests via Ender Chests and Pouches, take what I need, and just craft without having to go down to manually get my stuff. And I also want it compatible with my auto-smelting/sorting system.
Though I can already, yet I would require a pouch for each chest. And the fact an Ender Chest can only hold so much... well, it would be really tough.
Is there a way to do this without using AE2? Like something that I can make with EnderIO? Hopefully have something that can read the data off of an Existing Item Filter(the snapshot) and use this.

We both have the Direwolf20 pack, version 1.3.1.

Last edited:

Elwoodio

Jul 29, 2019
The only two things I know of for remote access and compatability are AE and logistic pipes which I don't think is in the DW 20

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics pipes will do just what you need but honestly are only slight less complicated to stop that ae. And take up just as much space

Edit: biggest sad I've seen, not including it in the dw20 pack.

Dimebonix

Jul 29, 2019
best thing you will ever do is invest the time in learning AE2, we have a pretty advanced ME system setup and its in my opinion the best thing in the game. But regarding your specific concern I'm not even sure the wireless ME terminal will be a great option, the distance it will reach from the setup is not very impressive, even with max boosters on it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
My friend has one hell of a complicated setup using Applied Energetics 2, where he can throw everything from what was in his chests onto hard drives, and be able to access them via terminals, and a wireless terminal.
Since I don't have the patience to do all of that complicated, tedious work (plus know where to have a room just to store AE2),.. I still would like a similar setup. Yet I don't have need for the auto crafting.

I just want to be able to remotely access all of my chests via Ender Chests and Pouches, take what I need, and just craft without having to go down to manually get my stuff. And I also want it compatible with my auto-smelting/sorting system.
Though I can already, yet I would require a pouch for each chest. And the fact an Ender Chest can only hold so much... well, it would be really tough.
Is there a way to do this without using AE2? Like something that I can make with EnderIO? Hopefully have something that can read the data off of an Existing Item Filter(the snapshot) and use this.

We both have the Direwolf20 pack, version 1.3.1.
Tbh what you describe your friend is doing with AE sounds like the very basic setup with default plug-n-play functionalities. It would be impossible to offer you anything of that calibre in features without going through at least the this basic amount of effort/work.

You can go the route of Logistic Pipes instead of AE, but honestly I think you need a better understanding and overview and ability to design complex systems to make this work satisfactorily than with AE.

But regarding your specific concern I'm not even sure the wireless ME terminal will be a great option, the distance it will reach from the setup is not very impressive, even with max boosters on it.
I personally dont use the Wireless terminals at all. I instead hook up a LP Remote Orderer/Pipe to the ME network(LP and AE have amazing integration) and then have it order items directly into my inventory through a Random Things "Player Interface"(A Ender Pouch works too if you dont have that). This works everywhere but ofc you cannot craft stuff remotely. I get around that by always keeping important items in stock automatically.

Reactions: Padfoote

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
RF tools does something along those lines. You can monitor any nearby inventories from a single controller. You could access an entire chest room.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but a super easy "low tech" solution would be to use the EnderIO "Ender IO" coupled with a "Staff of Travelling". It allows you to "teleport" the camera to the Ender IO without teleporting the player, push buttons, flick levers etc. and access inventories! The version I tried it in, it seemed a bit odd when accessing chests, but it worked. So you could set up a Ender IO in your storage room and then remotely access it(from within the staffs range) that way.