Steve's factory and bedrockium

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
So I've reached a point with the Steve that the cobble gen is running faster than the factory manager can compress it. How do you go about compressing cobble?

Any methods that can keep up?

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
Cyclic assemblers work good, I have heard something about the enderio crafters but havent used them my self

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
RFTools has a crafter that, if upgraded, can hold multiple recipes. It works quickly, and it has an internal inventory that it can craft from, making it ideal for cobble compression.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
So I've reached a point with the Steve that the cobble gen is running faster than the factory manager can compress it. How do you go about compressing cobble?

Any methods that can keep up?

Set the input on the Factory Manager to a cobble whitelist, then specify amount. Impossible for it not to keep up...

For best efficiency use 3 separate Item Transfer Nodes with 3 stacks of World Interaction Upgrades each(and speed upgrades as needed) and set the Factory Manager to import 9 stacks of cobble at a time(576), you'll craft a stack of compressed cobble every second.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
the only cause I can see that SFM can't keep up with compressing is when the chest you use to do store all the (compressed) cobble in gets too full that the manager can no longer output the compressed cobblestone into it.
so either use an inventory big enough to handle all the cobblestone, or find a way to only keep a certain amount of cobble into the chest

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The one and only time I tried to make an octocobble generator using cyclic assemblers, I ended up with 128 of them running in a pretty confined space.

That world got corrupted quite soon after.

I've always wondered if the two were related somehow...

Reactions: Psychicash

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
the only cause I can see that SFM can't keep up with compressing is when the chest you use to do store all the (compressed) cobble in gets too full that the manager can no longer output the compressed cobblestone into it.
so either use an inventory big enough to handle all the cobblestone, or find a way to only keep a certain amount of cobble into the chest
I use barrels with at least one space update. However this isn't a problem since it never really gets over ten.

Someone may want to warn direwolf. He just set up cyclic assemblers for this purpose. Lol