Fresh Server - Forestry and Paulscode errors.

darkdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using minecraft hosting provider or a dedicated/local server not designed for minecraft?
I'm using my own PC as a server which has successfully run vanilla, bukkit and tekkit servers without issue.

What version of FTB are you using? (Dont just say latest tell us the version)
BetaA (?)
I'm not sure, it's the one available now, but the server log reads: Forge Mod Loader version 4.2.13.429 for Minecraft 1.4.2

Did you add any mods to the server pack?
No. It's just an unchanged extracted Zip of the one provided.

What are your server specs?
Win7 32Bit 3GB RAM. (It's only a ~5 person server)

Details
Upon initial (and every subsequent) load of the batch file, I get java exceptions for both Forestry and Paulscode, and users cannot log on.

Forestry errors

And Paulscode

The whole log is here.

EDIT: confirmed that forestry is causing the issue as disabling it allows users to log on. (Though the paulscode error remains, which can't be healthy?)

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Both error sets, while alarming to see in a log, do not inhibit connectivity (I have them both in my server's logs and it's been up for the past 24 hours without much complaint beyond sometimes having to attempt to connect twice to get in, but I also am running Linux and throttling connection requests with iptables).

Not enough information to diagnose. Sorry. =)

darkdemon

Jul 29, 2019
I can guarantee now that it is the forestry error causing user login fail. I disabled the forestry mod, loaded it up ( I still get the paulscode error) And my users CAN log on. Does this mean that forestry isn't yet compatible on smp 1.4.2?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, no. All it means is that people can log in after the sequence of events that occured when you yourself unloaded forestry. Doesn't mean anything definitive because, for example, I (and my users) can log into mine with the same forestry error happening on load (and if this were a general issue I'm pretty sure you'd see a flood of tech support requests all iterating this from a lot of irritated server admins).

Correlation != causation.

Hard to nail down. Glad to hear at least people are connecting now. Maybe when there's a few less prereleases involved we'll see some added stability. =)

PixelPantsPlay

Jul 29, 2019
I have had the same issues when starting a server. Unable to determine if it prevents people from connecting (apparently FTB's servers are slammed currently).

ubuntu
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.3.2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode)

forestry-A-1.6.0.0pre6.jar
CodeChickenCore 0.6.6.jar

forestry issue.
Talking with dev from the forestry crew, this is a known issue with forestry builds pre5 and pre6. This will resolve itself in time.

paulscode/sound issue.
Zepanv from minecraftforums suggests that this is caused by something in CodeChickenCore attempting to load the client sound libraries on the server. Supposedly the paulscode dir can be deleted from FTB-Beta-A.jar and that will clear up the issue. I have not tested this, as I am having a trouble with recompiling the jar...

Anyways, it's benign, once i have steps to remove it i'll post them here, though I'm sure the mods will end up removing the offending code from the distro.

I'm still looking into it, and i'll update this thread with what I find. NOTE: I am not a moderator, and this is not an official response from FTB, just a java dev looking to start a server :)

Adding some keyphrases to help others find this thread:
minecraft feed the beast server ftb java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: forestry.plugins.PluginInfo
minecraft feed the beast server ftb Unable to load class: paulscode/sound/CommandObject.class