How to make Thaumium ingots?

Littlesackninja

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I am fairly experienced with FTB, but one aspect know nothing about is Thaumcraft, I need to create Thaumium ingots for Tinkers Construct, but I cannot figure how to make them. I made a crucible and in it I put in 4 Water Shards (They have 1 Praecitcanto) and 1 Iron Ingot as the wiki says, but it just spits out flux after a minute. I research Praecitcanto but I cannot figure it out? PS. I dont understand THaumcraft atall, And all i want to know is this, I dont need to know anything else about the mod.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
First off, to make thaumium, you need to go through the TC research system and research it to obtain the ability to create thaumium. Once you have done that, it takes 8 Praecantatio in the Crucible, then throw in an iron ingot and 1 thaumium ingot pops out.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
To do anything more than the very bare bones basics (setting up research, and the thaumometer for instance) you have to research it.

To actually get acess to the Thaumium ingot research you need to scan Iron Ingots (or really any metal ingot should work), you can then research Thaumium by clicking the Thaumium icon in the Thaumnomicon. Depending on the difficulty setting, you will likely then need to complete the research note that is given (if this is the case you'll also need scribing tools and paper)

Your method for making Thaumium was correct, but you likely haven't researched it.

Littlesackninja

Jul 29, 2019
Also, When I open up my Thauminonicon I do not see the option for Magic Metalurgy or anything related? I can only unlock Nitor, Alumentum, and Magic Tallow?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Thaumium is in the alchemy tab, and it's only requirement for getting the research note is scanning an iron ingot, the latter of which i mentioned.

Reactions: Littlesackninja

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
First off, to make thaumium, you need to go through the TC research system and research it to obtain the ability to create thaumium. Once you have done that, it takes 8 Praecantatio in the Crucible, then throw in an iron ingot and 1 thaumium ingot pops out.

there's always the cheaty method of going around the world looking for dungeon chests and hopefully find some thaumium in there.
perhaps the Botania's Loonium could also be used to produce thaumium ingots.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
there's always the cheaty method of going around the world looking for dungeon chests and hopefully find some thaumium in there.
perhaps the Botania's Loonium could also be used to produce thaumium ingots.
I wouldn't say that was cheaty, well that depends on whether Azanor endorses Thaumium being a dungeon chest item. If he does, it's not cheating.
As for the loonium, that flower might be a tad broken when used with mods that add powerful dungeon loot.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
As for the loonium, that flower might be a tad broken when used with mods that add powerful dungeon loot.

yes and no. for me dungeon chests are very RNG, you need to be really lucky in a world to find every item that a dungeon chest could hold.
so the loonium is a great solution for that problem, but on the other hand there's mods such as IC2 that have iridium in the dungeon chests... seriously, in one world I already had so much iridium from dungeon chests that I could easily craft a quantum suit with it

but the loonium isn't that cheap to run, as it requires quite alot of mana to use the loonium and it only produces 1 item at a time

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
yes and no. for me dungeon chests are very RNG, you need to be really lucky in a world to find every item that a dungeon chest could hold.
so the loonium is a great solution for that problem, but on the other hand there's mods such as IC2 that have iridium in the dungeon chests... seriously, in one world I already had so much iridium from dungeon chests that I could easily craft a quantum suit with it

but the loonium isn't that cheap to run, as it requires quite alot of mana to use the loonium and it only produces 1 item at a time
Plus, the other advantage is to get access to dungeon loot without generating new chunks. For players worried about performance, or have world borders, it's a great way to bring RNG to your doorstep.