[1.7.10] [public] Minecraft: The Next Generation 2.2.0

AEnterprise

Jul 29, 2019
Revive the thread! See about bringing BC 6.4 in!
Dont mean to pester but well. Buildcraft has always been one of my favorite mods in large tech packs and it just seems to get overshadowed and overlooked by so many.
Though I am having a fantastic time on the modpack at the moment. GJ

a large pack update is in the making already

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
Phew. I was worried since the last post was many moons ago. Though a question are you keeping progressive automation? Having a nice time replacing quarry with it as an early level resource gathering. Even neater i found if you leave a broken tinkers construct shovel in it it only mines ores and ignores all dirt and gravel.

AEnterprise

Jul 29, 2019
Phew. I was worried since the last post was many moons ago. Though a question are you keeping progressive automation? Having a nice time replacing quarry with it as an early level resource gathering. Even neater i found if you leave a broken tinkers construct shovel in it it only mines ores and ignores all dirt and gravel.

i'm not the main pack dev anymore but i'll pass along your sugestion

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
The pack is having a massive update soon. You may not like it, its quite a change. Though I am going to release one final 2.x.x release to fix final things. More info on 3.0.0 Will be released soon.

And yes. Progressive automation is in the new version :)

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
I personally cant wait. Also when it is done uploading if youd like to use it I just got some editing software to make proper youtube videos and recorded some gameplay of the modpack. Will link it after the 250 minute upload time is finished. Only a 20 minute introductory. Shows off the base of operations and showcases how to set up your first RF power system with buildcraft additions along with the kinetic duster.

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019

Oh thanks for the info. Ill definately check it out. Here is the video by the way. Not too impressive but I thought it deserved alittle more publicity...even if i only have 2 subscribers who happen to be friends. xD
Second Episode

Last edited:

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
Can I suggest some mods? I think agricraft and botania may fit nicely into this. I know it seems to be heavily leaned away from magic so botania might be a bit much to ask but agricraft for breeding plants and creating super crops. No one likes having to automate giant fields and getting 10-10-10 wheat makes life grand since you only gotta automate a 3x3 area to get fantastic results.

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
Can I suggest some mods? I think agricraft and botania may fit nicely into this. I know it seems to be heavily leaned away from magic so botania might be a bit much to ask but agricraft for breeding plants and creating super crops. No one likes having to automate giant fields and getting 10-10-10 wheat makes life grand since you only gotta automate a 3x3 area to get fantastic results.
Agricraft is actually planned for a later version. Im just waiting for the mod author to release a fix for sprinklers and then I'll put it in :D
As for botania, I would say no. The progression system I have in mind sadly cannot support botania at all :(

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
Agricraft is actually planned for a later version. Im just waiting for the mod author to release a fix for sprinklers and then I'll put it in :D
As for botania, I would say no. The progression system I have in mind sadly cannot support botania at all :(

Nice. I can't wait. And yeah I've experienced agricraft sprinkler lag first hand on the regrowth hqm pack. Ugh...I usually run at 80fps or so sprinklers kill me to 5

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
@al3xthegre4t A few questions. In 3.0.0.1 what causes the super intense darkness? And Where are all of the mobs? I can only seem to encounter hostile chickens and slimes xD

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
Hardcore darkness is the cause of the dark. Though it is a little toned down in the latest version. And for the chickens. That was a very peculiar big that has thankfully been fixed.

Just waiting on FTB to upload the file now, they really like taking their time :/

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
Hardcore darkness is the cause of the dark. Though it is a little toned down in the latest version. And for the chickens. That was a very peculiar big that has thankfully been fixed.

Just waiting on FTB to upload the file now, they really like taking their time :/
Now you mentioned something about progression...are you planing on using eureka? Or are you thinking about implementing the questbook?

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
Eureka will be used, yes.

Though i am waiting on AEnterprise to finish his rewrite of the mod. It'll have even more features and a better system for modpacks :)

al3xthegre4t

Jul 29, 2019
That's between 1.x.x and 2.x.x. I wouldn't have hoped everyone would have updated by now as 2.x.x was released 8 months ago :D though 3.x.x is coming out which will need a reset.