What is the best way to get Shiny metal?(direwolf20)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
I keep finding that I can't get enough of it, I'm trying to build turbines but need shiny metal to make enderium (and eventually to make ludicrite)

Currently I'm turning my ferrous ore into it via some weird processing but thats still not significant. I need quite a bit.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Your best bet is probably to run all your Ferrous ore through the TE Pulverizer or EnderIO SAG mill. Not sure which gets you more shiny dust, but I'd guess the SAG mill if you use flint or dark steel balls.

The only mod I know off the top of my head that adds actual platinum ore (shiny metal == platinum because Forge ore dictionary, just as ferrous metal == nickel) is GregTech, and that's certainly not in DW20. Metallurgy probably does, too, but it's not in DW20 either.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Laser Drill and add Focus to it. Might have to look around to see what colour focus you would need.

At the same time, you could pulverize the redstone ores you might get via the Laser Drill to get cinnabar and smelt ferrous ores with them in the induction smelter for the shiny ingots.

This is the only time I would suggest not using a BC quarry due to the fact you will not get silk touched redstone ores for your cinnabars.

And no, do not process your Ferrous ores with any other means besides smelting it with cinnabar inside an induction smelter. That way is a 100% chance to get you a shiny ingot per process while other methods of processing the ferrous ores only have a small chance of getting you shiny dust as a by product.

Reactions: Baterista13
B

Baterista13

MFR Laser Drill and add Focus to it. Might have to look around to see what colour focus you would need.

At the same time, you could pulverize the redstone ores you might get via the Laser Drill to get cinnabar and smelt ferrous ores with them in the induction smelter for the shiny ingots.

This is the only time I would suggest not using a BC quarry due to the fact you will not get silk touched redstone ores for your cinnabars.

And no, do not process your Ferrous ores with any other means besides smelting it with cinnabar inside an induction smelter. That way is a 100% chance to get you a shiny ingot per process while other methods of processing the ferrous ores only have a small chance of getting you shiny dust as a by product.

thank you so much man, you're a genious, i was going to waste so much ferrous without your suggestion, thank you so much again!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I believe Light Blue or Cyan lens focus for Industrial Foregoing (Not MFR anymore) Mining Laser will produce more Shiny/Platinum ores (as well as diamonds!). From there, use Tectonic Petrotheum to ore-triple.

Processing all your Ferrous/Nickle Ore with Cinnabar will also net you Shiny Ingots as well.

These are the two most common means of obtaining shiny metal for Enderium.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm getting plenty with Nickle in my Pulverizer upgraded with 2x Secondary Output augments.