Emails being flooded by spam from the forums!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I have my preferences set to not recieve any emails from the forums as I am in a few conversations that are active, and try to stay active in the forums... And I don't really want emails coming through every few minutes.

But all of a sudden I am being spammed by emails coming through with stuff from months ago. WHAT THE HELL!
I even changed my email address to an old one, AND CONFIRMED IT, and they are still coming through to the "old" email address the account was linked to.

I have had to force my email address to block all incoming emails from "[email protected]-the-beast.com" which means if for whatever reason I was to get an email from an admin using that email address, I will not get it.
Why has this happened all of a sudden? It did this a while ago, but it didn't send me a backlog of crap.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Confirmed, happening to me to.

My settings are to receive emails, but I've noticed in the last week (possibly more), I've not been receiving any emails at all.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like something Nana said a while ago about the support mail.
He said something about how the support emails piled up and jammed the mail server, maybe that's what happened and this is the result from it unfreezing. Would explain both Golrith not getting emails, and craploads of emails suddenly coming through now. Though, now I think about it, the mail server can't have been jammed for months, someone would have noticed. Hmm...

I'm talking out of my ass though, @Captainnana will likely be able to talk using his mouth :p