Creepers in Nether Blowing up Upon my Arrival

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kobrakai21

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having this issue? Every once in a while (happened 3 times now) when I go to the Nether, there is a creeper waiting inside the nether right at my portal who proceeds to blow up right when I enter. The first time it killed me, and subsequent times I've been able to jetpack away just enough to barely survive with one heart, but it turns off my portal. I'm worried about getting stuck in the nether one of these days if I don't happen to have flint and steel with my when I enter.

I was always under the impression that overworld mobs don't spawn in the nether and can't travel through portals. Is this normal now to Minecraft and I just missed it? Or is this possibly an addition to one of the mods? I've tried lighting up the area around both my overworld nether portal and the nether nether portal. Nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions? Thanks.

BTW, I'm running the latest version of Mindcrack pack.

Kobrakai21

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks. Guess I'll just have to try and travel with a few cats and hope my reflexes are quick enough.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
or you could put some torches and fences/walls around the portal to keep mobs from wandering in. :p

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yes just make it so no mobs get near your portal. Since the Neither is an unloaded chunk any thing that goes in can not go anywhere and will wait right at the portal for you. No way to be fast enough because they will most likely blow up before you even done loading into the neither.

Kobrakai21

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I had the area lit up like crazy, but apparently that hadn't been working. I imagine the creepers were still wandering in from somewhere, so I just decided to surround my portal in glass. Seems to be working thus far. Thanks for you help guys.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Once I travelled to the nether and blew up on arrival. I never saw what caused it and I never found my stuff again either. Weird.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect a Thaumcraft Firebat.
This.

By the way, I love those little things, they keep the ghast population down.

Anyway, a creeper has got nothing on an angry zombie on the other side of your portal. One of those guys will proceed to rape you with your own weapon over and over again.

I'm keeping my portal off nowadays. Thank you RP.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
This.

By the way, I love those little things, they keep the ghast population down.

Anyway, a creeper has got nothing on an angry zombie on the other side of your portal. One of those guys will proceed to rape you with your own weapon over and over again.

I'm keeping my portal off nowadays. Thank you RP.

Funny story.

So I was in plain old MC working on setting up a nice looking Portal room/base on the neither side of things when as you might all have done before I mistakenly smack a pig man and his crew jump in and murder my face.

Oh well not to bad I'll just re arm and head back to kick some piggy butt.

But wait whats this I'm getting my face murdered already?

Thats right folks I had slept next to the portal since I was working and one of the pig men got knocked into or wondered through the portal while I was re spawning.

So yeah 12 deaths later .... yeah I got spawn camped by pig men.

Reactions: Poppycocks