Xray mod

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Just download the mod jar, then click edit modpack in the launcher, then add mod then find the mod jar and select it then run infinity.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously there is a freaking quarry in the pack! Do you really need to cheat to get ores???

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

jared0215

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously there is a freaking quarry in the pack! Do you really need to cheat to get ores???

Im playing alone? Why would i Care

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?

To each their own. if someone likes to use Xray, let them use Xray :)

Reactions: Wagon153

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
When you download the mod, remember where you saved it. Open the FTB Launcher. Select your modpack, but don't hit launch. At the top of the launcher, there are tabs. Just below the tab that says FTB Modpacks, there is a button that says Edit Modpack. When you click that, a window opens up with a list of mods. It shows enabled mods on the left and disabled mods on the right. At the bottom right, there's a button that says "add mod". Click that and navigate to where you saved the mod and select it. It will put the mod into the enabled list and you are ready to roll with your newly added mod.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
if its an installer, then open the jar with 7zip and remove the mod from the jar. then install it how i said to before.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

What if I wanted to use it, in creative mode, in conjunction with the ruins mod, to scope out the extents of structures I would like to export to tml files from a map?
Just because you'd use it for cheating doesn't mean everyone else will.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
What if I wanted to use it, in creative mode, in conjunction with the ruins mod, to scope out the extents of structures I would like to export to tml files from a map?
Just because you'd use it for cheating doesn't mean everyone else will.

I don't think it would be very easy to use it for this purpose, as most of your vision would be blocked by the in goddly amounts of ores that spawn in modded minecraft

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it would be very easy to use it for this purpose, as most of your vision would be blocked by the in goddly amounts of ores that spawn in modded minecraft

Do you pick on people who play in peaceful mode? Or build in creative mode? The whole point of MC is to do whatever you want. I paid for Minecraft and can do anything I feel like. Stop judging people. Also, for someone who is critical of others using a mod, you sure seem to know alot about how it works.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Do you pick on people who play in peaceful mode? Or build in creative mode? The whole point of MC is to do whatever you want. I paid for Minecraft and can do anything I feel like. Stop judging people. Also, for someone who is critical of others using a mod, you sure seem to know alot about how it works.

I should have followed up with something like, use an X-ray texture pack, like I had planned to do....

Also I know how it works cause of YouTube, there any any number of spotlights on x-ray mods. Plus when I owned a vanilla server it was one of the biggest threats to the economy system

How about everyone chill out and drop this?

Ok I'm done

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I think the reason people are hostile towards Xray mods becasue it's ONLY true purpose is cheating on multiplayer servers (mainly PvP, Minecraft server economies are LOL and not worth considering, too many fun sapping controls are needed to get it to work in vanilla and in modded it's impossible without tweaking or removing mods).
People who use it in single player are quite odd... Too legit to use NEI to spawn in what you need but crooked enough to use a xray. It's like they want a legit cheating experience, more power to them so long as they keep it in SSP.

That being said, there might be a "legit" xray mod that adds a block/ item with an adequate cost that lets you see ores underground at a fixed distance, one that isn't just client side which would be a hell of a lot less cheaty in an SMP setting. I mean I have seen some map mods that give you a cross section of the level you are on and differentiates ore from the dirt and stone. Actually, Pneumaticraft helmets might be able be a defacto Xray with it's block tracker (it can do that right?) of course you only get a highlight of where the blocks might be and not a full visual.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I think the reason people are hostile towards Xray mods becasue it's ONLY true purpose is cheating on multiplayer servers (mainly PvP, Minecraft server economies are LOL and not worth considering, too many fun sapping controls are needed to get it to work in vanilla and in modded it's impossible without tweaking or removing mods).
People who use it in single player are quite odd... Too legit to use NEI to spawn in what you need but crooked enough to use a xray. It's like they want a legit cheating experience, more power to them so long as they keep it in SSP.

That being said, there might be a "legit" xray mod that adds a block/ item with an adequate cost that lets you see ores underground at a fixed distance, one that isn't just client side which would be a hell of a lot less cheaty in an SMP setting. I mean I have seen some map mods that give you a cross section of the level you are on and differentiates ore from the dirt and stone. Actually, Pneumaticraft helmets might be able be a defacto Xray with it's block tracker (it can do that right?) of course you only get a highlight of where the blocks might be and not a full visual.
ExtraUtililities' Unstable Ingot Block can do basically what you're asking for. It's fairly expensive (nine diamonds and a division sigil, alongside the risk of blowing yourself up if it takes more than ten seconds, if you don't have/want a pseudo-inverison sigil or 81 diamonds) and only works as well as a single block in an X-ray texture pack. It'll show you caves, dungeons, entities, lava lakes, and any ores they expose, but no ores completely surrounded by stone.

I think Draconic Evolution adds something similar, but I have neither messed with it nor looked at its recipe.