My Logistics Pipes/Tube sorting and storage system!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mason11987

Jul 29, 2019
I made a sorting, storage, and crafting system using redpower, barrels, and logistics pipes. I made an imgur album to show it, each picture has a short explanation to show what I'm doing.

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions!

http://imgur.com/a/hJlOm#0

All built with legitimately earned items (EE disabled as well).

Soulsbane96

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask which logistics fork that is? I'm looking to put lp into my pack but not sure which one to put in (there's more than 1 port right? I thought so)

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask which logistics fork that is? I'm looking to put lp into my pack but not sure which one to put in (there's more than 1 port right? I thought so)

I second that question. A link to whatever LogPipes version you're using would be much appreciated.

Soulsbane96

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly certain I got it from RS485, I can't find the exact file I have but this looks to be the most recent 1.4.6 build.

http://ci.thezorro266.com/job/LogisticsPipes/74/

using DW pack 4 I had to manually modify one of the block or item IDs for it to work but it's been basically flawless since.

Hope that helps!

Does it require power? Or is it like the old LogisticsPipes? Just wondering, but thank you.

Mason11987

Jul 29, 2019
Does it require power? Or is it like the old LogisticsPipes? Just wondering, but thank you.

It does by default although it can easily be disabled in the config.

Personally I find the cost of the pipes and the challenge of designing a logistics pipe system to be difficult and rewarding while the power requirement seems tacked on and not all that fun. It does balance the enormous power of logistics pipes definitely, but in a way that I don't find all that interesting. I've played both ways though, my last FTB world with logistics used the power, and I ended up just plopping an advanced solar panel or two near the power input block to power the whole system, so it was boring

In this world I'm avoiding all "free energy" sources, like nether lava pumping and any solar energy (except for RP, which is all free power). It's a lot more rewarding when you get to this stage. Although I normally have quantum by this point not having solar means I haven't really had the resources to run a mass fab yet. After I finish my sorting system (with blocking, compressing, extracting, and recycling lines) I'll set up a nuclear plant to run it and beef up my MJ production and create an array of liquid tanks to store everything.