Auto refilling the petal apothecary

Was this helpful

• Total voters

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
So I have seen multiple ways of auto refilling the petal apothecary, but really I don't like most of them. One reason is the redstone contraptions are bigger, ugly, and visible. The other is the everfull urn witch requires research to be done in thaumcraft, witch for me I hate. I keep trying thaumcraft but I cant stand the mini game for research. So I thought of this idea that works great and is hiden underneath it and is a size of 3x2.

First all you need is two autonomous activators, two item transfer nodes, two item filters, a bucket, a 1x3 water source, and of course your autonomous activator.
JqMS6cL.png

You want to have one activator pointing up at the apothecary on right click. This will have the output on the bottom and the input on the side. The second activator will point down into the water with the output on the top and the input on the side. One item transfer node goes from the top to the bottom and the other goes from the bottom to the top. now all you need to do is make one filter for empty bucket and place that in the node pulling from the top activator and on item filter for water bucket in the node pulling from the bottom. Now just place your empty bucket in either activator and it will start its cycle keeping the apothecary full at all times.
MBx6U1t.png

The best part of this is you use one cover to hide that single cable and it is completely hidden with is something that I really wanted.
PYFmtt1.png

I didn't see anything like this posted so I thought I would share the idea, if someone has posted this sorry for waiting time. This has made me a little more happy in terms of botania, and even though it is so simple I manually filled the apothecary for weeks before I came up with this. If anyone needs any help feel free to PM me.

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
none that I could find. though I didn't try every single one. I would assume none will work since the author added it so dropping a bucket of water on the apothecary would refill it. Ill test every pipe in my creative world and let you know.

Reactions: PierceSG

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
FYI: The Everfull Urn from Thaumic Exploration can also refill any nearby petal apothecaries. However, if I remember correctly, it's a bit expensive and a ways up the Thaumcraft tech tree, requiring an infusion altar. Your setup is probably both cheaper and faster- and, as you note, can be easily hidden under the floor. Not sure if you can bury the urn or hide it behind a wall and still have it work, but then again, it both blends in with magical stuff and has nifty particle effects, so why hide it in the first place?

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the everfull urn is an option just not for me, I really hate the thaumcraft mini research game so what you see in the background is as far as I got before I gave up on thaumcraft for good. I use to love it back in the days of 1.4.7 just not anymore.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I know I'll be using either the urn or decanting golems since I'm currently playing a no-tech magic pack.

This is a nice to know thing for people who are into Botania but not Thaumcraft ( and it's addons ).

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Yes the everfull urn is an option just not for me, I really hate the thaumcraft mini research game so what you see in the background is as far as I got before I gave up on thaumcraft for good. I use to love it back in the days of 1.4.7 just not anymore.
You can change the research mechanic, one option is just a flat research point cost

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I did mine like this. First I tried Golems though and it worked but was annoying watching him twitch with his constant right clicking.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Would a Rod of the Seas in an autonomous activator work? Because that seems much simpler too me

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Since the Wand of the Forest works in a dispenser, maybe the Rod of the Seas will too? Just suggesting a possible vanilla solution here.

C

chbachman

Since the Wand of the Forest works in a dispenser, maybe the Rod of the Seas will too? Just suggesting a possible vanilla solution here.
Mentions rod of seas, claims "vanilla" solution. :p

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Is it in the config file or where is it? Tell me please, if can save lots of time.
Yup, under "I:research_difficulty".
Keep in mind that easy mode actually takes more research points than normal difficulty.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
I like this idea. While the Everful Urn is cool and nice to look at, I have found that it doesnt fill the apothicary very quickly. Which is fine if you only want to make one flower, but when crafting dayblooms or anything in bulk it can really slow you down.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
soooo.... yesterday I saw a post on the reddit about an automated apothecary setup. I learned something from that post, and that is if you want to refill the apothecary, just drop a water bucket ontop of it and the apothecary will empty the bucket and fill itself with the water

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Personally I did all the research for Thaumcraft once, and now I just use the creative Thaumonomicon.

As for mass crafting, I just use multiple Apothecaries. They're not terribly expensive, and with two or three urns, by the time I get back to the first one, it's already full.

Reactions: Dark0_0firE

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
What exactly did you set the Item Filter to? The water is both filling and removing the water.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Two autonomous activators, a bucket, an aqueous accumulator, a couple filtered item pipes and a little brainwork.