AE2 Question - Fuzzy Patterns?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing around with AE2, and wanted to see if there was a way to export all dusts into a machine.

I have the distinct memory of Direworlf doing something similar with a blank pattern. As I recall, he created a crafting pattern with a single dust and put it somewhere that made anything with 'dust' in the name get smelted, or something like that.

It was pretty late/early when I watched the video in question, or at least I believe I saw the video. I haven't been able to find it or any other video where he does something similar.

Is it even possible to do such a thing, or should I start questioning my sanity?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Fuzzy only ignores meta or ntb data. The base id must be the same. The only way this will work is if the dusts all have the same ID and use meta data to distinguish them. I know some mod ores are like this, but not all ores have the same base ID.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm playing around with AE2, and wanted to see if there was a way to export all dusts into a machine.

I have the distinct memory of Direworlf doing something similar with a blank pattern. As I recall, he created a crafting pattern with a single dust and put it somewhere that made anything with 'dust' in the name get smelted, or something like that.

It was pretty late/early when I watched the video in question, or at least I believe I saw the video. I haven't been able to find it or any other video where he does something similar.

Is it even possible to do such a thing, or should I start questioning my sanity?
I could have sworn I saw something somewhere that could sort by parts of the name of the items. Might it have been the Mekanism pipe thingies? Or did I dream it.... But how you would make use of that with AE I have no idea.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Fuzzy only ignores meta or ntb data. The base id must be the same. The only way this will work is if the dusts all have the same ID and use meta data to distinguish them. I know some mod ores are like this, but not all ores have the same base ID.

I only used the term 'fuzzy' to simplify my description of the effect. It's 'fuzzy' except that it uses item type or name/part of the name.

I could have sworn I saw something somewhere that could sort by parts of the name of the items. Might it have been the Mekanism pipe thingies? Or did I dream it.... But how you would make use of that with AE I have no idea.

I know it's probably possible with other mods. I know logistics pipes (do those even still exist) were able to do it.

As I said I'm almost positive I remember seeing Direworlf20 do it with AE2 in a video. I even downloaded his latest world download to see if it was there. Although I can't seem to even find where his ore processing is done.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I only used the term 'fuzzy' to simplify my description of the effect. It's 'fuzzy' except that it uses item type or name/part of the name.

I know it's probably possible with other mods. I know logistics pipes (do those even still exist) were able to do it.

As I said I'm almost positive I remember seeing Direworlf20 do it with AE2 in a video. I even downloaded his latest world download to see if it was there. Although I can't seem to even find where his ore processing is done.

in other words you mean ore dictionaried

it's in the basement using enderIO

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 sucks, I just got a "not enough channels" message or something. I'm reading about it now, but gosh what a mess this mod turned into. At least the hard drives and terminals still works like they did in the old AE, but crafting and automating with it is a total disaster in AE2. I've added 3 ME Controllers to my network and it still says out of channels. I give up for today, total frustration with this mod.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Each panel of the ME Controller Multiblock provides 32 channels. Dense cable transfer 32 channels, and all other cables transfer 8. (Most machines also will transfer 8 channels through them.) I admit it takes getting used to if you used to the 'Magic Cable' thematic that AE1 had. If you are playing single player there is an option to disable the channels and get back the magic cable. Each machine that handles data (import/export buses, me drives, etc) uses one channel. With the Controller the channels will always take the shortest route to the Controller, without the controller you can simply only have 8 devices on the same cable.

I urge you to give channels a chance though.

On topic, I don't think there any direct way in AE2. It is possible he did one on camera and the rest off camera.

EDIT: The only thing close to what you describe that i can think of is the Pressure chamber interface filter.

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
You could just ME export bus all ores into a grinder of some kind and have it auto eject into a furnace which gets pulled back into the ME system via interface. You should be able to export every major use ore using just one export bus. Cinnabar, Uranium, Yellorite,(and Cyanite once i get my reactor up and running) and Dark Iron, I pump into DSU's until i'm ready to use them.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
On topic, I don't think there any direct way in AE2. It is possible he did one on camera and the rest off camera.

EDIT: The only thing close to what you describe that i can think of is the Pressure chamber interface filter.

That might be it.

It might be something worth suggesting as an additional feature.

I usually keep most of my metals stored as dusts, so that when I need to make alloys or blends I don't have to go and pulverize ingots again. It would also save players from having to make tons of redundant patterns.

Instead a single fuzzy pattern for 'ingots' to 'dust' and a second one for 'dust' to 'ingots' would be able to do the work.

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming you have Ender IO installed, or at least Thermal Expansion. can you give an example of an alloy that requires the dust to be made before being smelted? Most of them should be able to be induction smelted, hell even Enderium has a recipe in Ender IO now. Aside from Signalum (or whichever alloy is needed for the reinforced machine frames)