AE2 Level Emitter and Export Bus HELP!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SniperKitty001

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I feel like I am missing something obvious here but I just can't figure it out. I am playing the HermitCraft Modsauce Modpack version 1.0.1.1. I have an ender quarry running and a deep storage unit with cobble in it. I want to keep some cobble in my AE system for crafting. Say 100 blocks. I know in old AE you would use a level emitter. I assume that's how you still do it but it doesn't seem to connect to the next cable or the export bus. The export bus says offline. I am still learning how to use AE2 and the channel system so I assume I am just missing something. I will be really sad if this can't be done anymore. I'm not able to upload a screenshot so I hope that makes sense. I can elaborate more if I need to.

Thanks!! :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I know nothing about AE2, but does it not have Priority and/or storage bus'? Using Level emitters to control something like cobble have always been a horrible idea IMO.

SniperKitty001

Jul 29, 2019
i don't know what you mean by priority. It doesn't really matter what block I am using it for. I could put diamonds in it and it still won't work. The reason I am using cobble is because I am getting thousands of stacks and I don't want to use up hard drive space on cobble. But I need some in the system for crafting purposes. I wish it would allow me to upload the screenshot. It would probably make more sense. I think what is confusing me is the fact that the level emitter is a multipart now. And I don't know how to get the export bus online without bypassing the level emitter.

SniperKitty001

Jul 29, 2019
2015-01-31_22.53.04.png

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Uhm, that export bus isn't even connected to your network. Add on a couple more pieces of cable to the side to connect it to the rest of the network.

However, in this case, you're probably better off with a Storage Bus rather than your export bus/emitter combo. Just slap one of them on the side of your DSU and hook it up to your network, then open its GUI, click the wrench icon, and set the priority to something greater than that of your drives (which is zero by defaut). This way, any new cobble that comes into your network will be routed to the DSU rather than your drives, but the rest of your network can still access it.

Reactions: rhn

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, that export bus isn't even connected to your network. Add on a couple more pieces of cable to the side to connect it to the rest of the network.

However, in this case, you're probably better off with a Storage Bus rather than your export bus/emitter combo. Just slap one of them on the side of your DSU and hook it up to your network, then open its GUI, click the wrench icon, and set the priority to something greater than that of your drives (which is zero by defaut). This way, any new cobble that comes into your network will be routed to the DSU rather than your drives, but the rest of your network can still access it.

This is the best and simplest way. Using level emitters and export buses is seriously overcomplicating things as well as wasting channels.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
i don't know what you mean by priority. It doesn't really matter what block I am using it for. I could put diamonds in it and it still won't work. The reason I am using cobble is because I am getting thousands of stacks and I don't want to use up hard drive space on cobble. But I need some in the system for crafting purposes. I wish it would allow me to upload the screenshot. It would probably make more sense. I think what is confusing me is the fact that the level emitter is a multipart now. And I don't know how to get the export bus online without bypassing the level emitter.
The level emitter have always worked this way. It does not connect to other cables or bus through the redstone output side.

And you should seriously look up some AE guides if you don't know about priority settings or use of storage bus. It is very central points of the mod.

And again: using level emitters to dispose of items from the ME network once levels get too high is just stupid IMO. Are you going to have huge banks of level emitter+export bus combos for all the different items you will eventually have to dispose? I made this small guide on how to set it up a lot smarter with priority:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...guide-collection-etc.42664/page-2#post-587528
It is for AE1, but I would think the main mechanics are somewhat the same.

Last edited:

SniperKitty001

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry I do not know everything about modded minecraft. It was just a simple question.Usually when someone doesn't know everything a mod can do they tend to over complicate things. That is why I came here. I am fairly certain I used this system in AE1 but I could be wrong. Thank you though. I didn't know about the storage bus so I will do that.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
You should also add a redstone card to the export bus (otherwise it won't react to the signal)