Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
That's interesting... I know one day I'll end up making a game and completely screw up the code. >_>
Even better are the results of these. For example, on that second one: Exceptions are like "something has gone wrong, but the program can continue if this is handled"; Errors are generally "OMG STOP THE PROGRAM THE SKY IS FALLING" (one example of an Error is the OutOfMemoryError) and bypass most handling. So when a sound file has a broken URL? The game immediately closes and the user's only hint is ":D".

Or the third one: Imagine the game crashes, and you go for a log, and all you get is the game saying "IN YOU FACE"...

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
i was wondering how long this thread would survive when i made it. i now realise it will last untill stupid things stop happening. so it will be here forever.

Humanity and stupidity are like a package deal. You cant have one without the other. Which means yeah, this thread will last forever.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Even better are the results of these. For example, on that second one: Exceptions are like "something has gone wrong, but the program can continue if this is handled"; Errors are generally "OMG STOP THE PROGRAM THE SKY IS FALLING" (one example of an Error is the OutOfMemoryError) and bypass most handling. So when a sound file has a broken URL? The game immediately closes and the user's only hint is ":D".

Or the third one: Imagine the game crashes, and you go for a log, and all you get is the game saying "IN YOU FACE"...
Hopefully we make none of these errors making the PTGame @chbachman

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019

Oh Jesus Christ, one of my professor's first priorities was to teach us how to handle an error properly.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, and in addition to that, there was the fact, pointed out by one of the Forge devs in one of Dire's earlier SMP series, that Forge in either 1.5 or 1.6 fixed a GLARING issue with the graphics code where Minecraft would shunt a full copy of the texture library to the GPU every tick. Its glaring errors like that which kinda destroyed my faith in Mojang's ability to do...well, just about anything. That, and the fact that they could've fixed it at any point, but only got around to actually addressing it in, I believe, 1.7. A bug that has, to my knowledge, existed since the game's inception, a bug that caused massive render lag, was left to fester for years before Mojang got around to fixing it in vanilla.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, and in addition to that, there was the fact, pointed out by one of the Forge devs in one of Dire's earlier SMP series, that Forge in either 1.5 or 1.6 fixed a GLARING issue with the graphics code where Minecraft would shunt a full copy of the texture library to the GPU every tick. Its glaring errors like that which kinda destroyed my faith in Mojang's ability to do...well, just about anything. That, and the fact that they could've fixed it at any point, but only got around to actually addressing it in, I believe, 1.7. A bug that has, to my knowledge, existed since the game's inception, a bug that caused massive render lag, was left to fester for years before Mojang got around to fixing it in vanilla.
The full texture library...every tick
*dies*

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013

Mojang.txt

Seriously, the more I hear about the inner 'workings' of Minecraft, the more a certain statement seems true.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, you're father says Minecraft isn't a good game because of it's graphics?

Does he even know about Shader and Texture Packs?
He doesn't really know anything about Minecraft, he just saw me playing it once in a while, and he probably saw some screenshots in the media

Status
Not open for further replies.