Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Why @asiekierka is not moving to 1.8:
Part 1
Part 2

Going from 1.7 to 1.8 seems to be much less worth it than previous updates. Adding 1.8 features to 1.7 is the easier approach. For instance, Botania is adding Prismarine.

Reactions: CoolSquid

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
nothing except overcomplicating stuff, increasing RAM usage and generally breaking all the things

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
nothing except overcomplicating stuff, increasing RAM usage and generally breaking all the things

Which is why I'm still saying we should designate an official modded MC version. 1.7.10 Seems solid, and any features Mojang adds in the future could just be rewritten from scratch and added as a 1.7.10 modded expansion. We shouldn't be forced to add features that hinder performance or ruins balancing if we don't want to. At least 1.7.10 had the ID migration, but 1.8.1 literally has nothing of value AFAICT.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a gem some kid said
Minecraft in general

"Minecraft is just a ripoff of roblox, and its not even good".

What was stronger? The urge to ki... Er, i mean attack him, or the cancer it gave me?

Reactions: PierceSG and 1SDAN

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft in general

What was stronger? The urge to ki... Er, i mean attack him, or the cancer it gave me?
Don't worry, I want to kill him and display his corpse as a warning.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft in general

"Minecraft is just a Roblox rip-off with shitty graphics and no level editors" -Some guy from my old school

Reactions: Gamefury64

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
to me vanilla minecraft hasn't added anything really interesting the last few versions
mostly because modded minecraft has already done so many different kinds of things, anything mojang brings out now has already been done by mods or is not exactly exciting

the only reason I would want to see a new minecraft version is if there's a significant performance increase for minecraft or something that'd really benefit the modding community

Reactions: Padfoote and 1SDAN

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
to me vanilla minecraft hasn't added anything really interesting the last few versions
mostly because modded minecraft has already done so many different kinds of things, anything mojang brings out now has already been done by mods or is not exactly exciting

the only reason I would want to see a new minecraft version is if there's a significant performance increase for minecraft or something that'd really benefit the modding community
From Dinnerbone's tweets, they seem to be working on improving the ender dragon fight for 1.9. Not like any mods do that.

Reactions: 1SDAN

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
User said:
Im not sure what to call this but...

With Gregtech in my pack some things require the use of a Vanilla MC Cauldron ... However as soon as you place it down, its instantly changed to a DargonAPI Cauldron rendering it useless an essentially breaks my entire pack as a lot of things require the Cauldron for very early game.
Reika said:
It is the vanilla cauldron.
User said:
The cauldron is changed over to DragonAPI and is no longer recognised at least by gregtech as being a vanilla cauldron as its instantly changed to a DragonAPI cauldron not a MInecraft Cauldron .. im wanting to stop it from becoming a DragonAPI cauldron
Reika said:
For the last time, it is a vanilla cauldron.
User said:
ok. Then is it possible to prevent it from becoming a Cauldron from DragonAPI, if not then i shall find another way to work around things
635356669595335315.png
Reika said:
Are you unable to read or something?

Reika said:
It is the vanilla cauldron.

Reika said:
For the last time, it is a vanilla cauldron.

Reactions: PierceSG and 1SDAN

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Reika is being unnecessarily rude again. It's not the User's fault if the cauldron doesn't work with Gregtech.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Reika is being unnecessarily rude again. It's not the User's fault if the cauldron doesn't work with Gregtech.
It functions identically to the vanilla cauldron for gregtech ore purifying, but shows up as a DragonAPI block with WAILA. I'd guess the person having the issue hasn't actually tried the cauldron and has just seen that it isn't from vanilla and panicked a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.