[1.7.10] Death's Hardcore Pack

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
And there are no dumb questions. We did a lot of changes to the mods. So ask away if you don't know.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Realized after a while that Smeltery has to be the only option, after that began the NEI adventures, lol.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Lol. Yes NEI is your friend in this modpack. And next update will be even more changes. And I will post the change long for everyone when I get back on the computer. Beta 1.4 is on the launcher right now.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
So how is everyone liking the mod pack? I like feedback. Helps me make the pack better. And in this case helps me make it harder lol

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
I was just made aware of a bug in the 1.4 update. If you are having troubles leveling your pickaxe to be able to mine copper we are trying to fix it as soon as possible.

Shizzr

Jul 29, 2019
I played it only a bit yet, but what I saw was quite cool ! Looking forward to play more of it so I can check out more custom recipes and so on =)

Reactions: Aknot

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
I played it only a bit yet, but what I saw was quite cool ! Looking forward to play more of it so I can check out more custom recipes and so on =)

Glad you are liking it. One fun change. Look up the ender quarry.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
The food value will change with the 1.5 update which we just sent to FTB. VeinMiner was in this pack but got taken out because well it makes things easy. How ever you can always add mods :p But for the challenge we kept it out.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I added it to pack, I'd argue that not having it is more tedious, and tedious=/=difficult. But I completely understand if you're up for keeping it out.

Also do you guys plan to make Tinker's tools deal extra damage to Geonachs/Ents/Spriggans?

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I added it to pack, I'd argue that not having it is more tedious, and tedious=/=difficult. But I completely understand if you're up for keeping it out.

Also do you guys plan to make Tinker's tools deal extra damage to Geonachs/Ents/Spriggans?
I don't think we thought of the Geonachs and such. But the swords do plenty of damage to them. We will look into it thank you for the idea.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet, was looking just something alike Madpack. Will drop feedback after playing for a while.

Unbalanced stuff I've encountered while playing.

1) Tinker's Tools pick does not deal extra damage to Geonach's. Tinker's Axe does no damage to spawned trees. Probably same with Spriggans and Axe.

2) Getting killed by invisible animals. Can't hit them; Pig, Chicken.

3) Wither Cat nearly 1 shots you.

The pig and chickens you can hit. And I know the Tinker's Tools don't do extra damage to them but the tinker's weapons do full damage to them. Normally weapons are nerfed when hitting those mobs. The invisible mob that hits you is a mob that has invisibility on it. And ya stay away from the wither cats. They sucks. And how does it make it unbalanced? Yes I am really asking because I don't know how it does.

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Also for anyone that has problem with to many mobs you can always use the command /xu-killliving But that is totally up to you. Just thought I would put the command out there for peoples knowledge

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to make new world with all gathered knowledge, and trying out some Magic mods. But after first night there's Zombies with 500/600 life, Regen, and other nasty mods (can't even cheese). That seems a bit unbalanced.

In previous world noticed the same - infernal mobs frequency is too high and they (mods) stack like crazy, which makes it not difficult, but takes a side of 1-shot mechanics (and that's just cheap).

Aknot

Jul 29, 2019
Its meant to kill you. Either run or fortify a house. Also something you can do is run away a very long distance and it will despawn all mobs except the lycinites.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Can't dig out of your cave/house, as monsters wall-hack-follow you.

"It's meant to kill you".
There has to be balance, one can just make a point like: "Well, if it's meant to kill you - just up mod frequency by 1000%, mob spawn rate by 10000%!, now that'll show the player who's the boss here, oh I forgot to add one more thing - they spawn at day-time too!"; I clearly don't think that having monsters with 3-5+ mods, 500+ regen/1up, etc. constantly and on first days is balanced, as it poses no real challenge.. it is just cheap 1-shot mechanic being labeled as "difficulty". It brings nothing more but frustration.

2ij105u.jpg

This is kind of stuff you're engaging on first days, by far not the worst.

There are plenty of mods combined that will kill you, but currently nearly every pack has either one or more such mobs.

Also what do you mean by "fortify"?

Last edited:

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Took a peek in the pack with creative mode and so far I like what I saw except lava creating lava source blocks when flowing in some way. I didn't figure out yet if it's source blocks moving lower or if it's actually creating more lava. If there's a config for this I can change I'd love to have this option. I don't want to have infinite lava as I want to use blood magic for that.
Beside that I'll try this pack out by using 95% of the time magic mods and others when I really have to. Sounds like a challenge. :)