Nightmare w/ Blood Magic, L draining too fast

LANMind

Jul 29, 2019
I have been monkeying all day trying to get the Magicians blood orb. I have crafted 40 runes of sacrifice, replacing the regular runes in my tier 3 altar. Oddly, I expect to get 2500 lp for each sacrifice, but it capped out at 1900. I have a tank pumping lp in, but it's dreadful slow at 20/tick. I have a cursed earth spawner over the whole damn mess.

I'm frustrated as hell because the lp drains too fast and the spawner won't keep up.

Any ideas? I don't want to cheat one in, but I'm stuck.

Thanks...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
In order to pump LP in faster you will need to add multiple Runes of Dislocation. But since that requires the orb you're trying to craft, your best bet would be to manually kill mobs to keep up with the LP draw of the creation process.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
I have been monkeying all day trying to get the Magicians blood orb. I have crafted 40 runes of sacrifice, replacing the regular runes in my tier 3 altar. Oddly, I expect to get 2500 lp for each sacrifice, but it capped out at 1900. I have a tank pumping lp in, but it's dreadful slow at 20/tick. I have a cursed earth spawner over the whole damn mess.

I'm frustrated as hell because the lp drains too fast and the spawner won't keep up.

Any ideas? I don't want to cheat one in, but I'm stuck.

Thanks...
you could stick some witches and ,if you have thaumcraft, some flesh golems with some upgrades. both can heal themselves. the witches have limitless potions. name a witch to keep it :3

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
you could stick some witches and ,if you have thaumcraft, some flesh golems with some upgrades. both can heal themselves. the witches have limitless potions. name a witch to keep it :3
This is before you get access to the Well of Suffering.

As suggested above, you need to kill mobs more quickly. Try building a frame around the top of your altar so you can build up a surplus of mobs in the sacrifice zone before starting. You should also be able to make make Regen potion flasks-if you've found any top-level catalysts as chest loot you could try making a regen IV flask to help cover the gaps between mobs with self-sacrifice.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I usually do it with an MFR spawner and 'safe' mobs, but RJS has the right answer. build up a surplus of mobs so you can stab regularly over a minute or so.

Reactions: RJS

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I usually do it with an MFR spawner and 'safe' mobs, but RJS has the right answer. build up a surplus of mobs so you can stab regularly over a minute or so.
Yeah, using Cursed Earth does run the risk of a creeper being shot by a skeleton and consequently blowing up the altar, but what's life without a little fun now and then?

Reactions: Padfoote

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Ritual of regeneration with flesh golems is the most worry-free solution IMO. Witches might work, but you have to have some way of respawning if they die by chance, and the constant bottle-shattering noise is annoying.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
This is before you get access to the Well of Suffering.
oh. if you have botania, you could use the fallen kanade and some selfsac runes to generate some lp. ars has a heal spell that helps immensely. you could use both to have a constant flow of ondemand lp that can last through the end game.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of adding an mfr spawner - but do the witches do?
Late post, but witches work fine. I keep an MFR spawner handy and drop sound mufflers on the corners, but I stick nametags on them and let them stick around in a chunk. Baba Yaga, Hazel, and Circe may never forgive me, but their sacrifice has powered some truly amazing exploits. ;)

I also like to use witches on the low end with the manual sacrifice because, wow, that's a lot of amazing drops.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Late post, but witches work fine. I keep an MFR spawner handy and drop sound mufflers on the corners, but I stick nametags on them and let them stick around in a chunk. Baba Yaga, Hazel, and Circe may never forgive me, but their sacrifice has powered some truly amazing exploits. ;)

I also like to use witches on the low end with the manual sacrifice because, wow, that's a lot of amazing drops.

while naming the witches may be fun you could also use the jailer's safari net from MFR to capture a witch, then transfer it to a normal safari net, and set the autospawner to "precise" mode when spawning, this will cause the autospawner to spawn witches as if they were all caught in a jailer's safari net and should keep them from despawning, though you might run into the issue of the witches dying at one point, so it's also a good idea to place down a ritual of regeneration, just incase

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
while naming the witches may be fun you could also use the jailer's safari net from MFR to capture a witch, then transfer it to a normal safari net, and set the autospawner to "precise" mode when spawning, this will cause the autospawner to spawn witches as if they were all caught in a jailer's safari net and should keep them from despawning, though you might run into the issue of the witches dying at one point, so it's also a good idea to place down a ritual of regeneration, just incase
I'm not sure a well of suffering CAN kill a witch. (deleting..deleting..let's find another way to say that). I've had 5 named witches in my well of suffering for a couple of months, full time, and the only problem I've had is some inexplicable mob duplication (had 5 Circe's at one point). And if anything did happen, well, I can just flip the switch and do-over.

I mean, you're RIGHT...but I'm not sure that it makes much difference in the end :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure a well of suffering CAN kill a witch. (deleting..deleting..let's find another way to say that). I've had 5 named witches in my well of suffering for a couple of months, full time, and the only problem I've had is some inexplicable mob duplication (had 5 Circe's at one point). And if anything did happen, well, I can just flip the switch and do-over.

I mean, you're RIGHT...but I'm not sure that it makes much difference in the end :)

I thought the same, until in my creative world my witch reactor kept disappearing.
I didn't know why the witches kept disappearing until I placed a vacuum hopper at the witch reactor and found witch drops in the hopper when they disappeared again
the only thing that could've happened was that the witches died, otherwise there wouldn't be any drops

when I placed the ritual of regeneration at the witch reactor, the witches never disappeared again.
I also don't know why they died, perhaps lagg caused them to not regenerate fast enough?

the ritual is only a backup, just incase the witches don't regenerate fast enough. plus it's not that much LP that the ritual uses, so it shouldn't impact your LP generation that much