Blood Magic - Help with charging blood network

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

I have my own server that myself and a few friends play on and im sharing a base with 1 of them.
We are running the Direwolf 20 pack for 1.7.10 and on 1.0.2

We have a tier 5 altar and what im trying to do is pump the blood out of the alter into 2 other alters to charge up each of our blood networks as our main altar is constantly full.

I had a go today and put our orbs in the 2 altars but for some reason it wasn't charging our blood networks up.

I also tried upgrading them to tier 2 alters but that was the same.

Can what I want to do be done and if so what am I doing wrong? Maybe needs to be certain tier altars?

Thanks

p.s. im pumping out of the main alter and into the other alters with ender io fluid conduits

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Were the orbs bound? And were the orbs the same tier as the altar you were attempting to use? If the answer to either of those is "no", that would be your problem.

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
Yes to bound and I had a feeling it would be the Tier thing.

I didn't have allot of time to test today but had a feeling it would be the Tier thing. So I need to upgrade both alters to the correct tier?

I may just build 3 max tier altars under each other in that case :)

Thanks for your help

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yes to bound and I had a feeling it would be the Tier thing.

I didn't have allot of time to test today but had a feeling it would be the Tier thing. So I need to upgrade both alters to the correct tier?

I may just build 3 max tier altars under each other in that case :)

Thanks for your help

Lower tier orbs will work with a higher tier altar, but not the other way around. For example, the T1 orb will work with a T5 altar, but a T5 orb will not work with a T1 altar.

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
Someone just said to me why not put the lowest tier orb in a low tier altar and that should fill up my blood network to my highest tier orb that I use. SO I might just do it that way if it will work? :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Someone just said to me why not put the lowest tier orb in a low tier altar and that should fill up my blood network to my highest tier orb that I use. SO I might just do it that way if it will work? :)

Nope. It'll fill up to the max for that tier. If you want to fully fill the network, you'll need a max tier orb and a max tier altar for it.

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
Ok great.

Today we both got the Master Orb so thats Tier 4. I will build another 2 alters right under my main alter tomorrow that will be ready for a Tier 6 but for now build them to Tier 4.

Thanks for your help :)