If you could add one block what would it be... Get your block idea into my mod!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I have spruced it up.
ea21006bc4.png

I know this is extremely old and stuff, but I just couldn't get rid of the urge of saying: "DAT JOKE, THO"

Reactions: pc_assassin

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
The 8x Processor block. You can put up to 8 of the same machine into the block and it acts as the block that was put into it, but runs at 1-8x the speed of the machines it hosts. Ideally, it would just multiply the input and output requirements but take about the same number of ticks to process as 1. IE you could put 8 magmatic dynamos and it would take as much real CPU speed as just over 1 and be space saving. Or up to 8 pulverizers and chew through ores with less CPU use. That kind of idea.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
The 8x Processor block. You can put up to 8 of the same machine into the block and it acts as the block that was put into it, but runs at 1-8x the speed of the machines it hosts. Ideally, it would just multiply the input and output requirements but take about the same number of ticks to process as 1. IE you could put 8 magmatic dynamos and it would take as much real CPU speed as just over 1 and be space saving. Or up to 8 pulverizers and chew through ores with less CPU use. That kind of idea.

This is a good idea, but I do not have the skills to do it. I would look into compact machines for what you are saying.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I want a hammock. Placeable bed that won't change your spawn point. Think of it as a permanent sleeping bag (OpenBlocks).

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I suspect my wishlist of randomness would have fewer blocks.

A powered chunkloader (power increasing dramatically based on number of chunks loaded and the number of other loaders in a set radius)
Lots more scifi blocks, not unlike some of the various things here. http://hirstarts.com/molds/moldssci.html
A portable magnum torch (that's not a block, of course)
Some technology based equivalent to a wand focus of equal trade

Chunkloader = MFR chunkloader
Equal trade = Endertech block replacer

:) Hope this helps with your whims

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Chunkloader = MFR chunkloader
Equal trade = Endertech block replacer

:) Hope this helps with your whims
Are these 1.7.10 additions? I've not noted MFR to have a chunkloader in the past (and I thought I was pretty familiar with it). Might have to look at Endertech, too, just to see what else it might offer.

thanks

varkarrus

Jul 29, 2019
A plant that gives a diamond when harvested, but is very hard and takes a long time to grow properly. Doing well will reward you with multiple diamonds. Doing poorly will give you diamond shards if anything at all.

lostandthedamned

Jul 29, 2019
One block (maybe with an upgrade) that I've wanted for a while to simplify and flatten wiring/pipeing/redstone ect would be a crossover block.
What ever goes in one face, comes out the opposite face of the cube without interacting with another line entering from a different face. The ability to cross lines of power, pipes and AE cables without looping out would make my builds so much cleaner.

For bonus points include an upgraded version where a GUI can connect any two faces. This would enable two right angle turns in the same block, again useful when compacting into tight spaces.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
A plant that gives a diamond when harvested, but is very hard and takes a long time to grow properly. Doing well will reward you with multiple diamonds. Doing poorly will give you diamond shards if anything at all.
Sounds a lot like Magical Crops.

One block (maybe with an upgrade) that I've wanted for a while to simplify and flatten wiring/pipeing/redstone ect would be a crossover block.
What ever goes in one face, comes out the opposite face of the cube without interacting with another line entering from a different face. The ability to cross lines of power, pipes and AE cables without looping out would make my builds so much cleaner.

For bonus points include an upgraded version where a GUI can connect any two faces. This would enable two right angle turns in the same block, again useful when compacting into tight spaces.
Sounds a lot like EnderIO. You can't cross, say, two separate ME lines in the same block, but you can have items, energy, fluids, redstone, and ME all passing through the same block. You may even be able to run three tiers of energy conduits, two types of liquid conduits, and two types of redstone conduits in the same block as well, but I haven't tested it.

Also, RedPower had (and I assume ProjectRed now has) a "Null Cell" that was basically a redstone crossover block. It didn't do three dimensions, unfortunately, but then again, none of those RP circuits did.

Edit: Fixed accidentally calling ProjectRed RedPower

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Player Detectors(Emit redstone signal when a player is in range) with FULLY programmable detection ranges. Not just adjustable X/Y/Z range, but independent X+, X-, Y+, Y-, Z+, Z- ranges. Preferably also different shapes.

Fricking hate that my automatic doors activate when I walk around on the floor below...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Player Detectors(Emit redstone signal when a player is in range) with FULLY programmable detection ranges. Not just adjustable X/Y/Z range, but independent X+, X-, Y+, Y-, Z+, Z- ranges. Preferably also different shapes.

Fricking hate that my automatic doors activate when I walk around on the floor below...
This is clooooose but possibly not quite what you want.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...7-2-1-7-10-forge-malisisdoors-1-7-10-1-3-3-29

See "player sensor". In testing, it only opens doors when it can "see" a player. Downside: it doesn't seem to "see" through glass, so you wouldn't be able to hide it easily.

The mod itself is primarily aesthetic (or with functionality limited to doors and such); it may appeal to you rhn (you'll like the sliding factory/lab doors I think)