Manual Launcher Update and Tug

chargeraider

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason the new launcher wouldn't work for some? I have three friends (two who use Windows 8 and one who uses a Mac) who are unable to see newer mod packs on their launcher. They both have tried updating their launcher, deleting their launcher and FTB folder and downloading the new launcher. In the end the only solution we found for those with Windows 8 was to transfer my launcher file and folders. I have no solution for my friend with a Mac. Any thoughts?

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason the new launcher wouldn't work for some? I have three friends (two who use Windows 8 and one who uses a Mac) who are unable to see newer mod packs on their launcher. They both have tried updating their launcher, deleting their launcher and FTB folder and downloading the new launcher. In the end the only solution we found for those with Windows 8 was to transfer my launcher file and folders. I have no solution for my friend with a Mac. Any thoughts?
Chances are, you forgot a folder. There's a second FTB config folder that you have to delete for a clean install.
  1. Press windows key+r
  2. Type "%appdata%", press enter
  3. Rename "ftblauncher" to something else, like "ftb old" or similar. If you're sure you don't need it, you can delete it
  4. Do the fresh install as usual

chargeraider

Jul 29, 2019
That worked for my friend with a Mac. Thank you! Do you have any other suggestions for my friends with Windows 8?