basic Botania Flower farm

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to show this off. Took me a little thinking to get it working right. It is a setup to grow more flowers for botania.

2014-12-20_103223_zpsbfd0a1e1.png

Three timers. left is 60sec, right is 70sec, and top one is 80 seconds to reset the other two and keep them synced. A dispenser (barely visible) has a water bucket in it and is hooked up to the timers.

2014-12-20_103230_zps39830da3.png

"The "jaded ameranthus" is set up above the growing field to keep it from interrupting water flow. Hoppers on the end gather the flowers. A filing cabinet (not shown) is fed by the hoppers. I would recommend using something that can hold more though. That thing was full really fast.

the mana pool can be placed anywhere nearby.

Hope you enjoyed this and find it useful.

Mods in use:
Botania
Projectred-integration
Extra Utilities

This was done on a DW20 modpack private server.

Reactions: junkumulu

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure you can do this with pure botania. A drum of the wild (i think) will activate when hit with a mana pulse, and break all flowers/etc except for botania generating/functional flora

Reactions: DeathOfTime

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
And a hopperhock to pick up the flowers :) Functional and generating flora enjoy immunity from the drum/horn of the wild.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure you can do this with pure botania. A drum of the wild (i think) will activate when hit with a mana pulse, and break all flowers/etc except for botania generating/functional flora
I didn't know drum of the wild worked on botania flowers. Will definitely be looking into the drum. Will probably still use projectred to send the pulse. I am just not very good with redstone to do it with vanilla redstone. I am thinking a projectred setup would be a lot more compact too.

And a hopperhock to pick up the flowers :) Functional and generating flora enjoy immunity from the drum/horn of the wild.
I have a hopperhock made. Just hadn't found a use for it yet.

Thanks for the advice.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Tried the drum of the wild and hopperhock in combo. It worked well enough. Yet the hopperhock kept picking up stuff I wanted to stay on the ground. I removed the hopperhock and tried the dafomill. It worked a little, though I was having serious problems telling which direction it was aimed. Tried open block fans, they blew the mana bursts off course (or it bounced off the stone I put up to stop the stuff being pushed. Not for sure).

Finally went back to my original design. Though I did put the redstone setup underneath the flower farm. Hooked it to a lever to shut it off. The water didn't flow the same though. So I shortened up the flower growing area.

Thanks again for the ideas. They gave me something to do for a few hours.

Nicky8009

Jul 29, 2019
but whats the fun in that?

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I use the hopperhock and a drum for mine aswell, just have to make sure it's away from anywhere I normally drop things. one or two dayblooms seem to send a pulse to the drum at good enough intervals.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
A redstone mana spreader is required for drum beats, as they don't store mana themselves. That or a mana blaster.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
A redstone mana spreader is required for drum beats, as they don't store mana themselves. That or a mana blaster.
I had a timer set to two minutes I think?... the two dayblooms provided enough mana for that.

really you could just set the dayblooms down and set the timer to any interval you want, it'll fire on the interval when it has enough, and won't when it doesn't - not a big deal.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
True - you prob don't need a huge amount of mana anyhow. I were prob just being overly picky.