[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Alright 0.7.1 is live on FTB as well (thank the 3rd Party Team for the quick approval). Also I fixed the changelog on my website, so you should be able to access it now (hopefully Google doesn't mark the URL shortner as spam this time). Also would like to mention that the modlist is now final.

In other news I've been thinking of making a "lite" version of this modpack. I'll have to see if there is enough interest though, so I will probably open up a survey/poll in a couple of days.

Reactions: TDarkShadow

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Alright 0.7.1 is live on FTB as well (thank the 3rd Party Team for the quick approval). Also I fixed the changelog on my website, so you should be able to access it now (hopefully Google doesn't mark the URL shortner as spam this time). Also would like to mention that the modlist is now final.

In other news I've been thinking of making a "lite" version of this modpack. I'll have to see if there is enough interest though, so I will probably open up a survey/poll in a couple of days.
0.7.1 fixes the ore gen?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick work and thank the pack team for me. We are hoping to record 4 more episodes soonish.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
That's fine we haven't even passed into EnderIO yet :p
Haha yah you guys got a long way to go before you can even get to the moon. I noticed Bentley had an Ender sword, don't know if you guys know but you can use that to farm enderpearls since it gives you a 100% chance of a enderpearl drop from an Enderminy or Enderman.

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
Back with more testing. So because FTB Flux 0.7.1 is officially available, i did a clean install on a second windows pc for server and a clear client installation on my main pc and i did no mods updates. No new Chisel, Facades or even Buildcraft. I just used the mods within the server/client.zip.

What should i say..... lag is gone. So i tried the same with my Linux pc but there the lag is still noticeable. Maybe because of Linux, maybe because of OpenJDK.... who knows.

The funny thing is, my 2nd win pc is older than the linux pc (Core2Quad Q9450 @2,66GHz) and i played a HQ Youtube Video besides running the server..... its a weird world :)

So now the task is finding out why server on linux pc running not smooth anymore. Just to remember, back in version 0.5.8 it runs perfect.

EDIT: 21.15 GMT.... sigh, crash with either RefinedRelocation, Betterbarrels, LogisticsPipes or all of them, when im far away from home base... trying to update manually to newer versions (if exist).
EDIT2: Updated RefinedRelocation to 1.0.6h helped. No crash since an hour.

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I'll make a note of updating Refined Relocation in the next version, didn't realize it got updated all the way back in October.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Latest version on the launcher my server console is being spammed with

Fetching addPacket for removed entity

Not sure what entity it is but it's spamming the crap out of me. Will investigate later and look into the forge log.

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
hmm no "Fetching addPacket" issue in my logs, sorry.

Btw. i slightly modded the pack with MoCreatures, HungerOverhaul, Infernal Mobs, Natural Absorption und Backpacks! I only play it single or with a friend. Nothing public :)

Speaking of HungerOverhaul, its like Tinkers Construct without Iguanas TinkerTweaks :) In my opinion HungerOverhaul is a must when Pam's Harvestcraft is in a modpack :). I love it.

Maybe you will think about adding HungerOverhaul to FluxGalaxy? Not for me ;) but for all the other players.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you will think about adding HungerOverhaul to FluxGalaxy? Not for me ;) but for all the other players.
While it's a great mod (and I especially like the changes to crops harvesting), the main reason I didn't add it is because I don't like forcing "hardcore" gameplay mechanics on people. That is also the reason why I disabled The Spice of Life by default.

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
I see. IMHO the space progression (which is fine) for getting materials for many machines is alot more hardcore than the making of food with HungerOverhaul :) (maybe because im well versed with HO) but this is only my humble opinion. And yes, Spice of Life is evil, especially in the beginning of the game/progress,

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I found SoL to be easy to work with. I just gathered as many different foodstuffs as possible to start. Now I have I think 8 3x3 farms and expanding daily. Really progressed from last recording session. The new farms will be viewable next week since we have two episodes left to upload this week.

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
While it's a great mod (and I especially like the changes to crops harvesting), the main reason I didn't add it is because I don't like forcing "hardcore" gameplay mechanics on people. That is also the reason why I disabled The Spice of Life by default.

I found SoL to be easy to work with. I just gathered as many different foodstuffs as possible to start. Now I have I think 8 3x3 farms and expanding daily.
This is why I also enabled Spice Of Life for myself and my friends on my server. True, it's somewhat more hardcore, but you will be pushed to be more creative with your farms and go exploring for food.
But I'll admit it's not for everybody :p

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I have 4 basic meals I cycle through, Eggplant with Garlic and Bakeware gives the most bang for the buck. So Stuffed Eggplant, Peanut Butter and Raspberry jelly sandwiches and Umm I can't remember the other two right now. Currently getting a stock of soybean seeds to start up the Tofu factory

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
I always get really hungry whenever people talk about Harvestcraft foods and now I'm gonna get something to eat, but in the meanwhile have this:
oakxJ81.png

edit: just realized that splash is perfect lol