Mech's FTB Ultimate Biofuel Energy Base

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Finished relocating the bees to a more permanent location in the house, I made a study room where you can just sit in a minecart and afk or use the Computercraft computer:

GAXD6gx.png

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Looking really good man, nice job!

Thanks guys!
I'm not too sure what to work on next, I need EU power but that requires a second steam boiler and a steam turbine. The biofuel plant can support that stuff at the moment but it requires a shietload of steel, and I'm all out of iron lol
I might need to do some mining and get started on it.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't realise that I had Austere bees stored away that had no Creeper effect on them, so I dug them out and bred up 6 pairs of Austeres to get some gunpowder for making dynamite and other things that blow up.
The bees mod is easier than I remember, because I've only been working with apiaries and soul frames, there's no Genepool or Innoculator machines made yet.

MK7QMJY.png

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Are you playing with GT? Because if so, it's got the Semi-fluid generator that can run on both types of fuel.

Yep I have Gregtech enabled, albiet with a few recipes (solar cell, wind turbine, tin cells, bronze ingots etc) reverted back to their original counterparts.
In fact I must say that with those recipe changes, Gregtech has actually been much more enjoyable...
But yeah I have played with the semi-fluid and diesel generators in the past and they're good for making small amounts of power, but they end up making the same amount of EU power as the biogenerators anyway.
The big plan is having two 36HP steam boilers dedicated to running four steam turbines, so once I get enough steel I won't be able to throw enough MFSU's at the setup to contain all the EU power, it's gonna be the most overkill setup I've had yet :D

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Hmm... You could have a tesseract set to carry liquids and use a toggle latch to switch between active sending tesseracts until you get the final system setup. IE one to turbines and one to Steam Engines and use a wireless remote to swap between which are active. I remember doing that early on to swap between steam and magmatic engines.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... You could have a tesseract set to carry liquids and use a toggle latch to switch between active sending tesseracts until you get the final system setup. IE one to turbines and one to Steam Engines and use a wireless remote to swap between which are active. I remember doing that early on to swap between steam and magmatic engines.

That'd be pretty cool, I don't use tesseracts often enough because I keep forgetting that the liquid and item tesseracts are lossless (except their throughput I think).
I'll be running MJ's all the time because there's no problems with anything blowing up or running out of steam, but the EU situation is a little different in that the turbine rotors are expensive to make and I'll need to take them out whenever I'm producing excess EU power, I guess Computercraft could help with that but I don't mind doing some things manually.
Tesseracts will come in useful for getting biofuel places though that's for sure.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
UPDATE:

After a few hours of work all the Edenics are done, I've got 24 pures now lol (but I could easy go 30 or more no problem)
I settled for 24 because the bees need a clear view to the sky until I make them Nocturnal and couldn't find any good areas that would fit a 5x5 apiary setup.
I timed how long it takes to get to 30 enchanting levels and it's about 35 seconds, so it's much faster than any mob grinder. And you can afk!

lW4Db2Y.png

NuKJxBQ.png
Not sure if this works in 1.4.7(I think I used it in an old world but not sure), but you can just mate up the princess and drone and then stick them in a Apiary/beehouse with no visible sky/no plants. They will not "live" then and not loose lifetime ticks, but their effects will still be active. This way you don't need to automate or rebreed them but you still get the effect.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You could also use Power Converters, now that I think on it. That was in Ultimate, and it ate steam, and converted into EU or MJ without any of those silly turbines.

That said, I remember that turbines are supposed to be impossible to automate. Designed that way, though I wouldn't be surprised to find out if it didn't work.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That said, I remember that turbines are supposed to be impossible to automate. Designed that way, though I wouldn't be surprised to find out if it didn't work.
GregTech Turbines are supposed to be impossible to automate. Don't think that is the case with RC turbines. The have BC gate condition compatibility and everything.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
It's very easy too actually use AE + Buildcraft gates to setup a Turbine Swap system..

Also looks good, can't wait too see more.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Where the updates?

I've kinda had to ditch this project, I enjoy it but it's time-consuming as hell. Not the greatest thing when I'm trying to get through a full-time Bachelor degree as well lol
I'm actually not tired of the project or anything because I had more planned, but I tackled all my immediate projects and figured it'd be a good time to finish there.
If I continue I'll only be spending hours trying to breed platinum bees or grinding for hours on Gregtech stuff to get a lightning rod, which would be fun but not great for my assignment marks...
That all being said I'm really happy with how this FTB Ultimate world has turned out, easily the best one I've played yet.

EDIT: Any Minecraft-related games are very time consuming, so it's not just FTB that I've stopped playing. Vanilla, Terrafirmacraft and anything modded has to go as well. I might still play SOME games, but I want to avoid stuff that requires sitting down for more than a half hour in one go. Minecraft is a great way to break that rule :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Tompa974