Mech's FTB Ultimate Biofuel Energy Base

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I love the look of the factory so far.
Peat bogs are pretty fun to build with pistons and some redpower machines.

You're best bet is probably the industrial grinder; its a macerator on steroids.

Thanks man! The factory building is pretty much done now, aside from a few holes at the back.
I reckon it's finally time to move on to other technical projects now that the building is finished :p

Off topic now, when I post a bunch of pictures I might just show the main one and then put the rest into a spoiler so that it doesn't get too picture-intensive in this thread.

a2Y7Znq.png

amBmJm3.png

Uiscrbo.png

CxiOdxN.png

Reactions: CarbonBasedGhost

bluto600

Jul 29, 2019
Any possibility you would put a world download up?

Also it looks great ! I always go for the looks on the outside of the building while trying to make sure I can fit everything on the inside, only problem is I lack at design imagination.

Reactions: TheMechEngineer

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Any possibility you would put a world download up?

Also it looks great ! I always go for the looks on the outside of the building while trying to make sure I can fit everything on the inside, only problem is I lack at design imagination.

Yeah good idea, I'll upload the save file to Mediafire today and put a link on the first post.
I actually lack design imagination as well, I've just been trying to think outside the box with the building stuff and somehow it's actually worked out pretty well :p[DOUBLEPOST=1413677571][/DOUBLEPOST]Download link is up!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3rrhl7rhw7e3rxk/Mechs_2014_FTB_Engineering_World.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: CarbonBasedGhost

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot all about the IGrinder. I miss that thing sometimes.

Yeah they're great, I'll be making a Factorization grinder setup that automatically processes all the gravel and sand I need. It's much easier than tearing up deserts just to get sand.[DOUBLEPOST=1413776988,1413701717][/DOUBLEPOST]Currently in the process of making a big two-chunk-wide slime farm so that there will be a load of slimeballs available, and you can use them to make rubber.
It might be possible to use it as an xp farm as well to kill two birds with one stone. What I might do is make a system that grinds down the big slimes into little slimes at the bottom and then use MFR conveyor belts to transport the little slimes up to ground level, where I can kill them for xp and slimeballs or just drown them.
Pics and an updated world download coming soon.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah they're great, I'll be making a Factorization grinder setup that automatically processes all the gravel and sand I need. It's much easier than tearing up deserts just to get sand.[DOUBLEPOST=1413776988,1413701717][/DOUBLEPOST]Currently in the process of making a big two-chunk-wide slime farm so that there will be a load of slimeballs available, and you can use them to make rubber.
It might be possible to use it as an xp farm as well to kill two birds with one stone. What I might do is make a system that grinds down the big slimes into little slimes at the bottom and then use MFR conveyor belts to transport the little slimes up to ground level, where I can kill them for xp and slimeballs or just drown them.
Pics and an updated world download coming soon.

Tiny slimes can also climb ladders unlike the other two variants.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Tiny slimes can also climb ladders unlike the other two variants.

Yeah that's true, I haven't tried a ladder.
Although I might try the conveyor belts only because I'll be using them already to collect the slimes at the bottom of the slime farm.
I might do some testing and see which method is easier.[DOUBLEPOST=1413800174][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated world download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ojbryddqbfbd11p/Mechs_2014_FTB_Engineering_World.zip

Slime farm, currently half-finished....

mbQpgfX.png

.....but it works!

5mfHngn.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1413934021,1413778347][/DOUBLEPOST]UPDATE:

Finished the slime farm, and even though it's inefficient it still gives more slimeballs than I know what to do with. Since they can be smelted down into sticky resin, I tore down my IC2 rubber tree farm because already I've got more rubber than I'll ever be able to use.

FactCiE.png

Other developments include a coke oven and blast furnace to get steel going, a revamped temporary fuel setup to generate lots of biomass, which is currently used to feed two biogas engines that provide a heap of MJ power.

sAWmYa9.png

tzubTgb.png

I'm at the stage now where the world is developed enough to start some serious work on the main biofuel factory.

Last edited:

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Things are starting to get a lot more technical now, since the actual building infrastructure is mostly complete.

This is an automatic wheat farm setup using an MFR harvester and planter, this is much more energy-efficient than using a Forestry wheat farm because it runs off EU power and only consumes that power when it's actually harvesting and planting, not when it's waiting for stuff to grow. I'll be hooking this up to the Tower Of Power so that it just runs forever. The wheat from this farm is what will help produce all the compost required for the factory.

xoxfBrX.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1413951857][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated world download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/58hm3qbgbycjbra/Mechs_2014_FTB_Engineering_World.zip[DOUBLEPOST=1414023754,1413947165][/DOUBLEPOST]Finished the MK1 iteration of the arboretum setup! In my old world this would be running off electric engines from an advanced solar panel, but not here. Currently it's working off a biomass-fuelled biogas engine, but I'm planning to run it off industrial steam engines once the biofuel steam boiler is up and running.

iMJNNrR.png

ORCyEaf.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1414131729][/DOUBLEPOST]Well it's been hours of work and the tree farm is finished now. This is an arboretum and peat bog setup that's run by four peat-fired engines, with the whole setup generating it's own power and reusing it's own waste products.
I need to make one more carpenter so that it manufactures humus for me, but it already generates bog earth.

PCHs0uu.png

wtau2Xb.png

0ddZ81e.png

BYmlZal.png

Last edited:
Reactions: pc_assassin

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot how cool huge contraptions built with buildcraft pipes can look...

Thanks for breaking up the posts, this post merging is annoying me haha
Yeah they look pretty sick, the reason why I used slow stone transport pipes is so that you can actually see the items travelling through the pipes.
Even though Buildcraft has been around forever now, it's still cool seeing pipes with items being pumped through :p

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for breaking up the posts, this post merging is annoying me haha
Yeah they look pretty sick, the reason why I used slow stone transport pipes is so that you can actually see the items travelling through the pipes.
Even though Buildcraft has been around forever now, it's still cool seeing pipes with items being pumped through :p
This is making all nostalgic for the days when I built factories with those auto crafting tables and huge networks of buildcraft pipes. Man I'm really starting to consider removing AE from a kitchen sink pack and trying to automate everything like that.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
This is making all nostalgic for the days when I built factories with those auto crafting tables and huge networks of buildcraft pipes. Man I'm really starting to consider removing AE from a kitchen sink pack and trying to automate everything like that.

Yeah well, I reckon AE is a pretty good mod for the wireless terminal storage and all that, I haven't done the autocrafting stuff yet though because I have no idea how it works lol
I hear that it's fairly simple though and I'm planning to make an AE autocrafting system thing in my Ultimate world, but pipes and autocrafting tables are way cool :D

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah well, I reckon AE is a pretty good mod for the wireless terminal storage and all that, I haven't done the autocrafting stuff yet though because I have no idea how it works lol
I hear that it's fairly simple though and I'm planning to make an AE autocrafting system thing in my Ultimate world, but pipes and autocrafting tables are way cool :D
Don't get me wrong, I f***ing love AE, it's just that I miss the challenge of making those super complicated designs and always having to plan out everything efficiently like it would be done in an actual factory.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I f***ing love AE, it's just that I miss the challenge of making those super complicated designs and always having to plan out everything efficiently like it would be done in an actual factory.

Yeah exactly, that's actually what got me interested in FTB is making all the complicated machines with pipes and stuff because you gotta really think it through and plan for every scenario. AE is good for taking the headache out of all the running around, e.g. if you need stone then you don't need to waste time manually placing cobblestone into furnaces constantly.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah exactly, that's actually what got me interested in FTB is making all the complicated machines with pipes and stuff because you gotta really think it through and plan for every scenario. AE is good for taking the headache out of all the running around, e.g. if you need stone then you don't need to waste time manually placing cobblestone into furnaces constantly.
But that's half the fun. :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
fwiw, I find AE2 brings back some challenge. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to set up my network so that I was splitting up my channels the way I wanted to. Its neat working with the math, the channel routing, and the general infrastructure of networks and subnetworks. I'm enjoying the new version :)

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
fwiw, I find AE2 brings back some challenge. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to set up my network so that I was splitting up my channels the way I wanted to. Its neat working with the math, the channel routing, and the general infrastructure of networks and subnetworks. I'm enjoying the new version :)
But it doesn't look as cool as MASSIVE PIPE SYSTEMS! :(

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I love the look of pipes. So I use AE for storage instead of transportation. Things come in and go out with pipes, instead of AE Cables. One of the reasons I still use Logistics Pipes. And if not that, then mine carts. Love to see them puttering around doing things. Makes the base really feel alive.