Request Biggest Modpack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phyroxzenoid

Jul 29, 2019
Now, contrary to the last thing I posted, I just have a question:
What is the biggest official FTB or 3rd party pack out there? Like, what has the most stuff to do?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Now, contrary to the last thing I posted, I just have a question:
What is the biggest official FTB or 3rd party pack out there? Like, what has the most stuff to do?
Biggest official: Monster (I believe)
Biggest 3rd party: *shrugs* make your own and have it as massive as you like. 1.7 makes this sorta pack easy to put together

Rongmario

Jul 29, 2019
Biggest? I try not to aim for the biggest, but I came home with 312 mods, its for a private (invite required) server of mine.

Phyroxzenoid

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, I have a new annoying question- what is the best modpack for adventuring? I mean, biomes o plenty is nice and all but generated structures (lots of them) and awesome looking caves and stuff are fun too...

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed bigger modpacks are actually overwhelming, and as such have less to do.
I haven't found this to be the case with large packs made by quality creators (RR, Monster, etc.), but yeah if you just throw mods together things don't work out well, especially if you add crap mods like *shudder* OreSpawn.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found this to be the case with large packs made by quality creators (RR, Monster, etc.), but yeah if you just throw mods together things don't work out well, especially if you add crap mods like *shudder* OreSpawn.
Honestly, I didn't really have much fun with Monster. The fun came from @Lawbroken and I messing with @AgentTadpole (yes we are still talking about this).

I couldn't get Resonant Rise to run.

I pretty much always have more fun with smaller packs like Magic World 2, Horizons, and the current GT pack I'm playing.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I didn't really have much fun with Monster. The fun came from @Lawbroken and I messing with @AgentTadpole (yes we are still talking about this).

I couldn't get Resonant Rise to run.

I pretty much always have more fun with smaller packs like Magic World 2, Horizons, and the current GT pack I'm playing.
Agreed. Also, what GT pack and is there a server?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed bigger modpacks are actually overwhelming, and as such have less to do.
Indeed. Its a common concept in the sales community called "analysis paralysis." When you give a client tons of information and options, they'll often choose to do nothing. As a sales noob I'd often flood clients with options and information. They'd always have to "think about it." Once I went into a closing appointment and only offered 2-3 options, my close ratio skyrocketed. Lomited options forced a need to make a decision. Less was actually more.

The same goes with mods. We often see people complain they have nothing to do in game. These same people will be using huge packs like Yogscast complete with 200 or more mods and no system hangups. That makes no sense. Even if all you did was grind through every mod in that pack you'd still have months of gameplay and mod learning. The options overwhelm them and they stop playing

The best evidence of mod glut/analysis paralysis is the popularity of HQM packs. These packs eliminate excessive options and offer directed gameplay. The amount of mods is far less yet people love them. The recipes in the packs are often changed to limit & force progression, terrain is usually sparse, and dear lord the grinding is insane. But people love them for offering less options, directed gameplay, and "achievement".

This clearly shows how correct Santa is in this statement. Its actually a fairly common occurrence. If you really want to see how options stifle people, try listening to any couple, with $20 or more to spend on Friday night, when the subject of "what are we going to eat" comes up. ;)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. Also, what GT pack and is there a server?
The pack is custom and not on any launcher, as the mods (mainly GT) update almost every day and we don't want to wait 36h or whatever the waiting period is. Server is Retep's, and I don't know if he'll want more than we already have (myself, techno156, Flipz, and Retep).
Indeed. Its a common concept in the sales community called "analysis paralysis." When you give a client tons of information and options, they'll often choose to do nothing. As a sales noob I'd often flood clients with options and information. They'd always have to "think about it." Once I went into a closing appointment and only offered 2-3 options, my close ratio skyrocketed. Lomited options forced a need to make a decision. Less was actually more.
Hm. Interesting.
lead.png

Reactions: RedBoss and Nerixel

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
the only time now that I enjoy large modpacks if HQM is installed with it and there's quests for most of the mods
actually gives you something to work towards and guides you through all the mods

Phyroxzenoid

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the last modpack I played through had OreSpawn and that mod pretty much made everything too easy lol. I've looked at monster and tried playing it (amazing, a modpack with 200+ mods can run on my computer fairly easily, while smaller unofficial modpacks with like 50 mods are too laggy to play) but it seems more tech-orientated and not very well... adventurous. I might give Horizons a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.