[1.6.4][HQM] HardC Modpack v1.0.0 | Far beyond the block border...

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
quests after the Bronze Age have been or will be added later?

P.S. strange world gen...
http://clip2net.com/s/j17sFh
http://clip2net.com/s/j17sFh

The worldgen is caused by the ice plains biome which is usually a very large biome. Not my fault :p
I could add more chapters after the bronze age, but for now the book is more about showing you the basics about
the pack. If several people request it I'll probably add it.

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting alot of block lag all of a sudden. My frame rate is just fine. I was playing yesterday with no apparent issues. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sev07

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting alot of block lag all of a sudden. My frame rate is just fine. I was playing yesterday with no apparent issues. Anyone have any suggestions?

try clear inventory.
when I have a full inventory and I break any block - he lag

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Announcement: Support for this pack will be lowered because I'm working on a new 1.7.10 modpack.
Hint: Space w/o GT and earth!

BenniDV

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Erik, very nice Modpack, great work! I am starting now with the metal processing. Finding that therfore needed gold / aluminium to create casts took me nearly to cheating. Maybe it should be mentioned at some place, that goldore is not distributed as in vanilla (up to 30/31), every goldore i found was 10 or below. Is it correct hat pure aluminiumore is not present? I assume, it has to be gained through grinders / macerators.

Despite of your plans for a new modpack, would it be possible, to smelt / grind damaged armor? For example an golden Helmet:
new: 78 durability -> 100 % -> 5 ingots
used: 26 durability -> 33,33..% -> 1,66 -> 1 or 2 ingots

The calculation should be easy, implementational afford is unknown to me...

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Erik, very nice Modpack, great work! I am starting now with the metal processing. Finding that therfore needed gold / aluminium to create casts took me nearly to cheating. Maybe it should be mentioned at some place, that goldore is not distributed as in vanilla (up to 30/31), every goldore i found was 10 or below. Is it correct hat pure aluminiumore is not present? I assume, it has to be gained through grinders / macerators.

Despite of your plans for a new modpack, would it be possible, to smelt / grind damaged armor? For example an golden Helmet:
new: 78 durability -> 100 % -> 5 ingots
used: 26 durability -> 33,33..% -> 1,66 -> 1 or 2 ingots

The calculation should be easy, implementational afford is unknown to me...

Gold generation should be as normal (just had bad luck...) and aluminum isn't generated and only availible through GregTech.
As for the armor smelting: it isn't simply possible without, writing a custom mod (I only have very little java skills...)

BenniDV

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks you. I can also confirm a single vein at y 20.
I am very new to modded minecraft, so excuse me if i ask things, obvious to others.

First: My Bronze Pickaxe leveled itself up to diamond an beside uranium i can now crush everything, not sure if this is intended. Got a decent amount of diamonds and redstone now in my chests.

As now processing huge amounts of copper and tin to bronze: TConstruct Bronze Ingots are not compatible with the Steam-Forged-Hammer. Did i miss an converting function? Although you get +1ingot and 4 nuggets more bronze per "package" when crushing, smelting and alloying the ores with these steam machines, the TConstruct Smelter ist much more time efficient, as you throw it just into the smelter and take out some blocks.

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks you. I can also confirm a single vein at y 20.
I am very new to modded minecraft, so excuse me if i ask things, obvious to others.

First: My Bronze Pickaxe leveled itself up to diamond an beside uranium i can now crush everything, not sure if this is intended. Got a decent amount of diamonds and redstone now in my chests.

As now processing huge amounts of copper and tin to bronze: TConstruct Bronze Ingots are not compatible with the Steam-Forged-Hammer. Did i miss an converting function? Although you get +1ingot and 4 nuggets more bronze per "package" when crushing, smelting and alloying the ores with these steam machines, the TConstruct Smelter ist much more time efficient, as you throw it just into the smelter and take out some blocks.

OK, I currently can't check the bronze issue (new modpack...)
Thanks for the bugreport!
The TiC Smelter is faster, but not as efficient. I think this isn't an issue, its balanced and you can decide how to play!
The pickaxe can be better (there are higher ores you haven't found), just take a look into the second chapter of the book.
Why don't you start with electricity now? I think you are ready!

BenniDV

Jul 29, 2019
The TiC Smelter is faster, but not as efficient. I think this isn't an issue, its balanced and you can decide how to play!

I did not mean to mention this as an issue. But the incompatibility from TiC Bronze/Copper/Tin to the Gregtech Steam Smelter/Steam Powered Forge Hammer prohibit the use of the fast and inefficient TiC Smelter to produce Bronze Plates.

The Sturdy Grinder accepts these Ingots and crushes them all to dust at least, so the TiC Ingots are reusable with some patience.

Why don't you start with electricity now? I think you are ready!

As far as i got my steel production running i will progress to electricity. The bronze machine quests are a very good way to learn the dealings with these production chains.

DoomTrustlaw

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

I read the first post of this thread and downloaded the modpack too, but I was not able to find the custom map needed to play this. That was the moment I finally realized that there was actually no map to begin with (even though the image made me think so). God, I certainly became crazier since I started playing modded minecraft again. Well, tomorrow I'll play it and hopefully post screenshots if you don't mind, so you can add them to the first post. Seems a cool modpack to begin with, I'm not very good at Tech/GT stuff so I will be struggling a lot.

(From what I understood, you are from Germany, right? I live there too :))

Reactions: Erik3003

TGZFLY

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

I read the first post of this thread and downloaded the modpack too, but I was not able to find the custom map needed to play this. That was the moment I finally realized that there was actually no map to begin with (even though the image made me think so). God, I certainly became crazier since I started playing modded minecraft again. Well, tomorrow I'll play it and hopefully post screenshots if you don't mind, so you can add them to the first post. Seems a cool modpack to begin with, I'm not very good at Tech/GT stuff so I will be struggling a lot.

(From what I understood, you are from Germany, right? I live there too :))

THERES NOT A COSTUME MAP PLAY IT IN A SINGLE PLAYER WORLD

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
I did not mean to mention this as an issue. But the incompatibility from TiC Bronze/Copper/Tin to the Gregtech Steam Smelter/Steam Powered Forge Hammer prohibit the use of the fast and inefficient TiC Smelter to produce Bronze Plates.

What!? TiC incompatibility like this will be fixed (hopefully soon, bad internet...)

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
After much testing of the weird TiC bug I can conclude: No fix possible, but also not game breaking!