Tinker's Construct Best Longsword

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AzeTheGreat

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'm looking to create an epic Tinker's Construct sword, specifically a longsword for that delightful leap. However, I don't have a lot of materials to experiment with, so I need help. My initial instinct is to go with a manyullyn blade, paper guard, and cactus handle, wear the durability all the way down and then slap an electric upgrade on it for permanent jagged boost. However, I'm sure somebody can think of something that'll get more damage than that. So, I'd like the highest damage longsword possible using only one modifier slot (leaving others open for life steal, luck, or whatever else I decide). Advance thanks to anyone who contributes :)

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Well you can one shot a wither if you have the right combination of tinkers' armour and sword.

I'd recommend checking out this guy's channel as he has several in depth guides for tinkers'.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

AzeTheGreat

Jul 29, 2019
Well you can one shot a wither if you have the right combination of tinkers' armour and sword.

I'd recommend checking out this guy's channel as he has several in depth guides for tinkers'.

Hmmm. Looking at his recommended longsword, it's just a manyullyn blade, paper guard, and manyullyn rod. He put moss on it. I don't see how this could be higher than what I suggested, and he doesn't even claim it to be the best. (I just checked the description, since I don't have that much time...so sorry if I missed something in the video).

Hopefully somebody can come up with something better, or confirm mine as the best.

AzeTheGreat

Jul 29, 2019
Did you check his video on how to one hit kill a wither?
Just took a look. A lot of his damage comes from the armor, and lots of the sword damage comes from the quartz. Plus, it's a cleaver and doesn't use, as far as I can tell, any durability tricks to increase damage.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, of you want large amounts of damage from tinkers' then the best option is armour. The type of sword or its modifiers don't make too much of a difference in that scenario.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
i reccomend manyullyn blade cactus handle thaumium rod. lapis, necrotic bone, and full quartz. be sure to get the extra 3 modifiers for more damage. i just repair with manyulln. it lasts long enough.

Krakenmaster10

May 11, 2020
Alright, I'm looking to create an epic Tinker's Construct sword, specifically a longsword for that delightful leap. However, I don't have a lot of materials to experiment with, so I need help. My initial instinct is to go with a manyullyn blade, paper guard, and cactus handle, wear the durability all the way down and then slap an electric upgrade on it for permanent jagged boost. However, I'm sure somebody can think of something that'll get more damage than that. So, I'd like the highest damage longsword possible using only one modifier slot (leaving others open for life steal, luck, or whatever else I decide). Advance thanks to anyone who contributes :)
Prismarine Blade, Paper Guard and Bone Handle.Nether star and the best modifier would be Quartz to the max for more damage.
prismarine does more damage over time, paper allows more modifiers and bone is the exact same as prismarine
i hope this helps