Thaumcraft 4.1 research notes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
So I've started playing some FTB again after letting it sit for a while - I know things changed a lot in 4.1 (I'm running DW20 1.6.4) and I more or less understand most of it - but where I'm drawing a blank and can't seem to find info is with regards to research notes. I know you can 'buy' some research notes from the Thaumonomicon, but what about research notes that don't show up in the Thaumonomicon, such as the one I'm looking for now: Wand Focus: Warding. I've got Wand Foci, Excavation, Frost, Shock, Equal Trade, Focus Pouch and Portable Hole, but with the way they're showing up, it's like there are no more to be found. How do you go about 'unhiding' the apparently hidden research notes?

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
Scanning stuff with the Thaumometer. For instance, if you scan iron you "unhide" thaumium. I think there is a hidden one from scanning a firebat, and a hidden one for scanning ender pearls as well. Im sure you can find a list if you google around a bit.

There are also knowledge fragments you can use to unlock some other hidden stuff. Some can only be found this way

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you have to scan a nether star to unlock warding? Maybe? It's Thaumcraft, so scan all the things. I don't have it unlocked in my world yet either, but I haven't defeated the wither.

A few special unlocks are:

bone - Bone bow
Zombie Brain - brain in a jar
wool - golem clothes

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you have to scan a nether star to unlock warding? Maybe? It's Thaumcraft, so scan all the things. I don't have it unlocked in my world yet either, but I haven't defeated the wither.

A few special unlocks are:

bone - Bone bow
Zombie Brain - brain in a jar
wool - golem clothes
Armor, wool, and string all have scans for golem accesories.