[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Will this get updated to ThaumCraft 1.7.10?
nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

wiredtripod

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently playing in 1.7.10. I was wondering what that symptoms are all about. The voices, the hunger, the mist, etc... Can anyone please tell me what is up with that. I feel like I am missing something I should know about the game.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
So uh, I'm inclined to think about a redo of the guide. There are a few things stopping me.

Sent from my angry toaster to distract him from destroying the planet. Some appliances just want to watch the world burn.

Reactions: RedBoss

Woif

Jul 29, 2019
So uh, I'm inclined to think about a redo of the guide. There are a few things stopping me.

Sent from my angry toaster to distract him from destroying the planet. Some appliances just want to watch the world burn.
What's stopping you?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
What's stopping you?
Lots of things.

1. I don't like the direction Thaumcraft's been taken.
2. It's a convoluted clusterfuck of wat to figure out.
3. I don't like Azanor's approach to both the community and his mod.
4. I don't want to promote it anymore.

Look, I've said from the beginning I'm not in this for the credit and I never will be, however the first words from Azanor, after he was practically dragged into a medium where we could talk freely, were just sarcastic and mean spirited. I put a lot of work into this guide back in the day, hours and days from my life I could have spent with the wife or doing something else and for him to have taken the attitude he took with me despite that just left a scarring impression on me and his mod.

Made me feel, for lack of a better word, disgusted. Disgusted in myself for promoting him, his mod and the direction it was taking.

Azanor's probably a nice guy to his friends, his patreons, whatever, I don't care. What happened felt like a sucker punch and it pissed me off and upset me enough to leave that lasting impression.

The only reason I would even consider redoing this guide is as a reference guide for myself, but even then I wouldn't feel right withholding it for myself, adversely I wouldn't feel right promoting his mod anymore.

I know I say I promoted his mod as if what I did had a major hand in it's success and I know that isn't the case. At all. If I had any benefit towards it's success at all I consider it minor at best and frankly even that small amount to me would now go against my principles.

And I'm not just saying this to cause drama, air dirty laundry or to get attention because I don't want any of that. Hell I'd be happy for a mod to lock this topic and delete this post. By all means. I say this because this is my feelings towards the guide in general, the guide used to be very important to me and with a million fucking views I'd think it's important to you guys too and that you should know what I as it's creator am thinking towards it.

I don't know what I should do.

I kind of really wish someone else would do the guide instead.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be happy to work on it/help out, but at the moment IRL is a bit busy what with starting a new job, having to sort out temporary accomodation on a weekly basis while also trying to find something suitable and permanent. Once things have settled down with regards to that, I'm willing and hopefully able to put some of the work into updating this to 4.2 (provided that you're happy with that happening of course).

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I know Vauthil said it would be the last, but I just want to clarify I don't believe Azanor is "the worst" and he may have handled communication wrong. What I said was my impression on a subject long past and as Vauthil has kindly requested I will drop the matter and apologize for bringing it up in the first place, but I felt some things should be said. This is the last I will say on the matter.

Getting back on topic with the guide itself, I have decided to suck it up.

Expect the beginnings of a guide. Not a cheat sheet.