[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Drobleck

Jul 29, 2019
sorry, my first post has to be about a bug... I am unable to complete the first quest in technology tree. I have all three pieces i need in my inventory and the quest shows green like it is done but wont let me select a reward and quest is not flashing in the book and it does not give me a second part to the quest. Btw amazing modpack, I have been having a blast playing this both solo and on a server so keep up the great work!

Roachy

Jul 29, 2019
In the beginning of the game, I see no way to progress past "The Very Basics" quest if you've used all of your water bottles. Dead end!

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
In the beginning of the game, I see no way to progress past "The Very Basics" quest if you've used all of your water bottles. Dead end!
there is no conceivable reason (other than just standing AFK) you would have used all your water before finishing that quest.

Reactions: ScottieC

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to make Block Tracker in helmet only detect spawners? It's too spammy otherwise.[DOUBLEPOST=1410724922][/DOUBLEPOST]
Considering rate at which you lose hydration, 1% it's nothing.

Meh, it's basically nothing, but it's better than nothing! :D I think Juice is fine just the way it is...now...does anyone know if Smoothies cool you like Cold Water (or better?) cause they sooooo should.

Roachy

Jul 29, 2019
there is no conceivable reason (other than just standing AFK) you would have used all your water before finishing that quest.

I admit, had I known I would need that water bottle, then I would have had no problem not using it for drinking water. However, not having perused the quest details before working on other tasks, I soon found myself out of water with no way to get more. Both easily avoided and easily conceivable; only a small matter of time between completing quests. I do find it a little disconcerting that the progression of the game relies on using one quest reward as the required materials for another, particularly when said materials are impossible to recreate and impossible to live without consuming at some point. /grumble

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Meh, it's basically nothing, but it's better than nothing! :D I think Juice is fine just the way it is...now...does anyone know if Smoothies cool you like Cold Water (or better?) cause they sooooo should.

Exact same as cold water.

Soda/juice = -0.05 heat

Smoothie = -0.1 heat

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
I admit, had I known I would need that water bottle, then I would have had no problem not using it for drinking water. However, not having perused the quest details before working on other tasks, I soon found myself out of water with no way to get more. Both easily avoided and easily conceivable; only a small matter of time between completing quests. I do find it a little disconcerting that the progression of the game relies on using one quest reward as the required materials for another, particularly when said materials are impossible to recreate and impossible to live without consuming at some point. /grumble
except for the part where this map is designed around questing. due to this, the natural thing any average new player to the pack would do is follow the quest book's progression, of which the quest you brought up is completed within the first few minutes of play. considering the two quests that are naturally completed before it give enough water to last a couple minecraft days, there is literally no reason this issue would ever crop up in normal gameplay.

fowlj

Jul 29, 2019
except for the part where this map is designed around questing. due to this, the natural thing any average new player to the pack would do is follow the quest book's progression, of which the quest you brought up is completed within the first few minutes of play. considering the two quests that are naturally completed before it give enough water to last a couple minecraft days, there is literally no reason this issue would ever crop up in normal gameplay.

I disagree on the grounds that in the course of just playing the map myself (which I would consider 'normal gameplay'), and I ran into this exact problem - sort of, at least. If I hadn't known that you could get water bottles back from the camel pack by crafting it with an empty bottle, which to the best of my knowledge isn't a mechanic that is actually explained anywhere, that would have locked me out of the quest progression. I wouldn't say that it is a problem severe enough to go to any great lengths to prevent it from occurring, but there are small things that could be done, perhaps.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
then start over...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I cannot figure out how to till land. Any help?

A mattock from tinkers construct tills land like a vanilla hoe. Additionally if you till grass blocks that are not within 4 blocks of water they have a chance to drop a vegetable seed from Pam's Harvestcraft.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree on the grounds that in the course of just playing the map myself (which I would consider 'normal gameplay'), and I ran into this exact problem - sort of, at least. If I hadn't known that you could get water bottles back from the camel pack by crafting it with an empty bottle, which to the best of my knowledge isn't a mechanic that is actually explained anywhere, that would have locked me out of the quest progression. I wouldn't say that it is a problem severe enough to go to any great lengths to prevent it from occurring, but there are small things that could be done, perhaps.
by the time you get to the next quest that requires a water bottle, you have the methods available to supply yourself with more water... methods that are given to you by the quest progression on the way there.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone comfortable with adding mods to the mod pack and are tired of not being able to see mob drops unless you are within 16 blocks of them. I found a mod that increases entity render distance and works well with Crash Landing.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...e-1-6-4-flenixtweaks-alter-little-things-such
With this mod, you can see loot drops 4x further and see mobs 2x farther. Makes gathering resources from burnt mobs in the morning much quicker since you can see much further :p

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
since flenixtweaks doesn't include the config file, here's the config with the extra features turned off. just change the extension from .txt to .cfg or it won't work.

if you can't see the .txt extension, then you can just use this alternative link: http://puu.sh/bziYH.cfg right click, then select 'save link as' to save it.

Attachments

• FlenixTweaks_2.txt
    465 bytes · Views: 68
Reactions: pc_assassin