Recipe Conflict between Ic2 bronze tools and mekanism bronze tools?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so it seems that the way forward would to remove one of the recipes and re-define it via minetweaker, but there is my problem, I cannot decide what I would want the recipe to be for one of them as I want to be able to craft both but I want it to be balanced, any ideas guys?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Alright, so it seems that the way forward would to remove one of the recipes and re-define it via minetweaker, but there is my problem, I cannot decide what I would want the recipe to be for one of them as I want to be able to craft both but I want it to be balanced, any ideas guys?
mek tools are stronger than diamond, and mek gets bronze later in the tech tree. i recommend changeing the mek tools.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
mek tools are stronger than diamond, and mek gets bronze later in the tech tree. i recommend changeing the mek tools.

Yes, but to what exactly? What recipe should I use?

Also what is your opinion on veinminer? good or bad?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Yes, but to what exactly? What recipe should I use?

Also what is your opinion on veinminer? good or bad?
maybe only let them use mek bronze and call them "refined" bronze tools?

imo, veinminer is nice, but shoul only be allowed on high-end tools.

Reactions: Bigpak

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, good idea actually. One question, is there actually a way to change the name of an item with minetweaker?

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't expecting that to be honest. I honestly thought that you might reply with a no but I am pleasantly surprised. God I love minetweaker.

Edit: Can this be done in 1.6.4?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I am really really sorry for annoying you but from what I can understand/see it would be tile.chest but what would a bronze pickaxe be called, should I just use the item ID or..?

Apologies in advance :c
i think you use the ID. i think so.(i use 1.7 mostly so idk)

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Alrighty, I shall make some backups and try this out immediately, I thank you immensely for all the help and will post a response if I have any more questions or if I succeed in fixing this :)

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I am really really sorry for annoying you but from what I can understand/see it would be tile.chest but what would a bronze pickaxe be called, should I just use the item ID or..?

Apologies in advance :c
Either one works. Just don't forget your <>'s if you use ids.

Edit: damn I'm late. I probably shoulda refreshed before posting

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Wrong, you are not late. Ever bit of information is helpful to me to be honest, this helps me aswell, I just got back to the computer and I am about to install MineTweaker 3.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly would I go about thanking you for all of this?
6sHAaZ2.png

I cannot believe I managed to get this to work, I love it! I appreciate everyone helping me and I am even more in love with minetweaker 3 than minetweaker 2

Accidentally hit reply instead of edit, how to merge posts?

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
How exactly would I go about thanking you for all of this?
6sHAaZ2.png

I cannot believe I managed to get this to work, I love it! I appreciate everyone helping me and I am even more in love with minetweaker 3 than minetweaker 2

Accidentally hit reply instead of edit, how to merge posts?
*bows* your welome :)

also, idk.

Reactions: Bigpak

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that while playing in a modpack with both Mek and Metallurgy. Metallurgy made bronze incredibly cheap and Mek made it incredibly stronk. How does Mek produce bronze? How crazy does it have to be to be higher than diamonds and as powerful as obsidian?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I noticed that while playing in a modpack with both Mek and Metallurgy. Metallurgy made bronze incredibly cheap and Mek made it incredibly stronk. How does Mek produce bronze? How crazy does it have to be to be higher than diamonds and as powerful as obsidian?
you need a bit of mek infrastructure.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
God I love mekanism. I love all the machines and all of their cool noises etc. It just feels industrial :D

What mines faster, bronze pickaxe or steel pickaxe from mekanism? (Both Mekanism tools)

Last edited: