• I have a better idea

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
As anyone who used the wiki should know, the mods dropdown is really really long and really really annoying to use. We even have two dropdowns, one for mods, another for minor mods, and each of them has sub-menus as well for addons to mods.
So I decided to create something better:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30849960/index.html
The goal is to eventually integrate this demo into the wiki itself.
In the meantime, if anyone has some feedback, please feel free.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I love you so much. So much love.
giphy.gif

You can now click on the Mods button to toggle it. When toggled it will remain open until you click on it again.
Could it perhaps be:
  • Hover open+close (like hover behaves currently), and
  • Click Mods button to keep open, then click anywhere off the search box to close? It's more similar to how most popup box things work iirc
Also, perhaps you might consider automatically building the list from an array, so it goes in alphabetical order easily? That way you don't have to worry about sorting it (I only mention it because down the bottom of the list there's a few that aren't sorted correctly).

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Also, perhaps you might consider automatically building the list from an array, so it goes in alphabetical order easily? That way you don't have to worry about sorting it (I only mention it because down the bottom of the list there's a few that aren't sorted correctly).
Really? When I gave retep the list I used an alphabetizer I found online >.>

/me looks at them
Those are uncapitalized. Unless you're talking about something else, that's why (qCraft, iChunUtil, bspkrsCore, tgameCore, etc)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Really? When I gave retep the list I used an alphabetizer I found online >.>

/me looks at them
Those are uncapitalized. Unless you're talking about something else, that's why (qCraft, iChunUtil, bspkrsCore, tgameCore, etc)
Oh. Perhaps the system that's used should ignore capitalisation then, because people won't think to look at the bottom for something starting with a lowercase i.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. Perhaps the system that's used should ignore capitalisation then, because people won't think to look at the bottom for something starting with a lowercase i.
Well apparently I didn't give it to him capitalized, as I found out later last night :p

Overload Mission

Jul 29, 2019
Would there be any way to categorize the mods? For example when the word MAGIC is inputted, mods like Thaumcraft, Witchery, Blood Magic, Ars Magica 2 etc... show?

Reactions: Padfoote

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Would there be any way to categorize the mods? For example when the word MAGIC is inputted, mods like Thaumcraft, Witchery, Blood Magic, Ars Magica 2 etc... show?
That depends on whether retep can do it, and whether we can categorize it in a way that makes sense. As of now, I'm not exactly sure how some of the mods would be categorized, which would make an "OTHER" category absolutely gargantuan. This has been discussed on reddit quite a bit.

cblair91

Jul 29, 2019
As anyone who used the wiki should know, the mods dropdown is really really long and really really annoying to use. We even have two dropdowns, one for mods, another for minor mods, and each of them has sub-menus as well for addons to mods.
So I decided to create something better:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30849960/index.html
The goal is to eventually integrate this demo into the wiki itself.
In the meantime, if anyone has some feedback, please feel free.
Use the following CSS:
overflow-scrolling: auto;
-webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;