[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar Any chance of the map being added to the map list to allow for easy re-downloading of it?
It should be in the Lockdown Template folder in your Crash Landing directory. This will make every map spawn the same-ish. If it's still a 1.1.1 map, then replace it with the 112b save files and report it.

RuneSphinx

Jul 29, 2019
this works great but with Special Mobs you may want your wall 3 high and trench 2 wide.
and instead of wall dancing have tried the tickle toe mole. On the inside of your wall dig a 2 wide 3 deap hole layer the bottom with slabs then dig your wall down to that level place top slabs across the gap just below where your wall goes then replace the wall now you should have a place to tickle the toes of your enimes. Next in the center of your pit dig 1 out into the trench place a jaded ladder and a ladder then in the morning tickel toes then using the trap door play peekaboo to get the other mobs to come over. One thing i like about this method is you can create tunnels to other buildings alowing you to expand outside the courtyard without worry of mobs.View attachment 12476 View attachment 12478
Umm... this caused my death.. Zombies break wood... and its a quick and bloody death when all those mobs come swarming through the hole... stuff of nightmares!!

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a problem with others, but I am very frustrated that mobs never despawn completely in 1.1.2. Creepers and armored zombies just move around outside all day long.
If you don't want to run away as others have suggested build a pit around your wall. lure surviving creepers into the pit, trap them in a small area and 'carefull' bury them in dust. wait until they stop kicking, collect the proceeds and dig the sand back out.[DOUBLEPOST=1407944541][/DOUBLEPOST]
? I saw 2 of them outside my base the first try...I know because i went 'oh crap.' :p
I have yet to spot them, if, as you say, they are there they must be extremley rare.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... this caused my death.. Zombies break wood... and its a quick and bloody death when all those mobs come swarming through the hole... stuff of nightmares!!
Sry about that i havent used Special Mobs that much and i dident know that they would break wood. so far the only problem iv had was when i first built it i built it i used my 1.1.1 desine of the pit being 1x3 insted of 2x3 and the mobs would kick me some times so the 2x3 alows you to stand back a little farther. And mine has been in place for about 3 days now and nothing has been broken so not sure what happend

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so is everyone going to their first city armed with a dagger and possibly one round or two of ammo for gun with nothing but wood armor (3 pieces)? Cause that's the issue I think I have the most about. Making parts for a weapon mostly and having to extend the time it takes to make ingots for even iron armor forgetting completely about invar. I have never used the crucible to cook up stuff so I guess I might have to try that...
. :)

For anyone wanting to use the crucible for metals
You will have to use gold to make casts as it cant make any alloys - no invar or ali brass.
You can make invar using the grindstone to grind nickel & iron ingots.
City Tips
Any sort of early flight will help avoid city mobs
Cities have 2 reactor buildings, turbines on 2nd floor. this should make big reactors easily available early on!!

There are stairs going down to a station and a maze with chests hidden under walls.

plenty of elevators assembly line machines and smeltry, high oven bricks = look for buildings like an L on its side with towers on the roof of the low half - these have the TiC and Pn parts.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone wanting to use the crucible for metals
You will have to use gold to make casts as it cant make any alloys - no invar or ali brass.
You can make invar using the grindstone to grind nickel & iron ingots.
City Tips
Any sort of early flight will help avoid city mobs
Cities have 2 reactor buildings, turbines on 2nd floor. this should make big reactors easily available early on!!

There are stairs going down to a station and a maze with chests hidden under walls.

plenty of elevators assembly line machines and smeltry, high oven bricks = look for buildings like an L on its side with towers on the roof of the low half - these have the TiC and Pn parts.
there is a way to tell the L shaped building apart from each other the one with 1 smoke stack is the Penumaticraft Factory and the one with 2 stacks is the TCon factory

Last edited:

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
Guys can i ask is it just me or you cant make stone hammers, when i input the right recipe and right materials no hammer shows at the end crafting product just wanna know if its just me. if it is ill try redownloading the pack again thanks

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Guys can i ask is it just me or you cant make stone hammers, when i input the right recipe and right materials no hammer shows at the end crafting product just wanna know if its just me. if it is ill try redownloading the pack again thanks
it's just you. I already made mine. 2 cobblestones, 2 sticks. nei is your friend.[DOUBLEPOST=1407949077][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok. I noticed iskandar lifted the ban on teleport using zans (boo hiss cheater). So, I decided to go as is, and if things get too sketchy, I'd tp back to base. followed the long black road that I thought was an unloaded chunk strip at first, and got to buildings. first thing I find are trapdoors hanging in mid air. When I break them, some ladders appear out of nowhere to my suprise, then I hear a blaze spawner kicking in. omg. fuh. everything is tinder! must go forward tho. need a smeltery. in this case, there's a double entendre (sp) I am holding TP at the ready. heh

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me what's the point in a city, what you do there, how far away is it, and can you live there?

you can scavenge lots of stuff from cities one main point are the smeltries of TiCon and some hard to get items such as transposers and what not its all random.

how far is relative to your world, in theory there is always a very close city (600 blocks away in my experience on any direction given its the first city you ever find in the world)

living there, hmmm lets says its not for early/mid game its already at the end part where your fully geared and able to completely remove all the spawners (atleast 3 in a building) and be able to settle down without the threat of dying.

Laketri

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in a sort of a pickle that I don't fully understand. I was playing on 1.1.1 for a while, updated to 1.1.2 today, launched my 1.1.1 world, which apparently either broke the world, or my computer couldn't handle something. Regardless, I reverted back to 1.1.1, and now the world isn't showing up on the list of worlds. The world folder is there, and everything seems intact. I also told ftb to back up my worlds, but %appdata%\ftblauncher\backups doesn't seem to have any of those files. Is there any way of getting this world back?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
and I don't know wtf happened. I had a sync shell with a me inside fully formed (took easy route). died being ganged by blazes / pigs and went sky high then suffocated in a wall? wtf? I have exit from shell constructor unblocked so no clue. this sucks.

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
it's just you. I already made mine. 2 cobblestones, 2 sticks. nei is your friend.[DOUBLEPOST=1407949077][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok. I noticed iskandar lifted the ban on teleport using zans (boo hiss cheater). So, I decided to go as is, and if things get too sketchy, I'd tp back to base. followed the long black road that I thought was an unloaded chunk strip at first, and got to buildings. first thing I find are trapdoors hanging in mid air. When I break them, some ladders appear out of nowhere to my suprise, then I hear a blaze spawner kicking in. omg. fuh. everything is tinder! must go forward tho. need a smeltery. in this case, there's a double entendre (sp) I am holding TP at the ready. heh
yeah i reinstalled it, it seems i broke the recipes because i was meddling with minetweaker.
as for the TP i think Sir Iskandar had created the world with cheats enabled thus allowing tps (im not too sure though i dont really use the TPs of minimaps as good time management is key to good city scavenging).

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah, teleporting with Zan's is not intended. I think I can fix that.

please don't :} /me gives you a cookie. go back to vacation. nothing to see here.

I added aromabackup for just this and of course my knapsack got screwed up like it always did. but I died from bug. not restarting. went back and broke spawners from outside room and led them out to me in dustland. If When you remove tp from zans, I'll just create a small house nearby and put a bed in it to go at night as stop over.

So, how do you 100% keep the shell constructor from killing you? I found my death spot right smack in front of the constructor. should I move it to a new location that has alot of space around it or did I truly die under it? If so, any way to avoid that?

edit: bookshelves show axe needed but pickaxe is what breaks them. problem with waila addon?

Reactions: pc_assassin