Trying to make a Zeppelin...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

brail

Jul 29, 2019
I got stuck when it came time to make a propeller, though. Wiki says it needs a steel, but blast furnace steel doesnt work.

I looked up graphite for that steel, and it says it needs coal dust, but not macerated coal dust...

so I looked up where its from, and it says, centrifuge with fossilized honey comb.

How do I get a fossilized honey comb?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Bees has Fossil Bees which make fossilized combs, but I thought they were centrifuged for bonemeal.

Are you making the zeppelin out of lead?

Reactions: KoreRekon

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
2x2 square of Coal makes Traincraft Coal Dust. Alternatively use the Forge Lexicon to convert Railcraft or GregTech Steel to Traincraft Steel.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
All of the traincraft's recipes are done on the train work bench including its insanely over powered steel recipe that turns 24 iron, 8 coal, and 1 clay ball into a stack of steel. That works in all mods including railcraft and gregtech, a long with making the railcraft blast furnace pointlessly useless.

Thankfully it looks like the exploit of converting steel to refined iron via the lexicon is gone but the traincraft author still needs to address how OP the recipe is.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
All of the traincraft's recipes are done on the train work bench including its insanely over powered steel recipe that turns 24 iron, 8 coal, and 1 clay ball into a stack of steel. That works in all mods including railcraft and gregtech, a long with making the railcraft blast furnace pointlessly useless.

Thankfully it looks like the exploit of converting steel to refined iron via the lexicon is gone but the traincraft author still needs to address how OP the recipe is.

Its only an exploit when combined with so many other mods. In light of TC being packaged with other steel mods the author just needs to add a config to disable steel so the mod pack folk can balance things around RC or GT steel which ever they want to force.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
If I am not mistaken the mod author is going to remove their steel from the ore dictionary to block it from being used in other mods. Also it is not really a exploit but is still insanely over powered in light of other mods that use steel as a limiting factor.