Best Server you played on?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
If i had to choose...it would be.....
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-ts3-pvp-no-grief-raid-towny-jobs-bank.48129/
Server IP--> ubiquitous.g.akliz.net
A TPPI server where the owner is active. Not to mention some of the best player.
I was killed by x player, once he realized i was new, he gave me all my stuff back plus a jetpack.
This server has to be the best server i ever played on, and after 2 years... thats alot.

So whats the best server you ever played on and why?

Please try this server before you choose i am sure you will change your mind!!!!!

Last edited:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
If i had to choose...it would be.....

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...vp-no-grief-raid-towny-jobs-bank.48129/change your winf

A TPPI server where the owner is active. Not to mention some of the best player.
I was killed by x player, once he realized i was new, he gave me all my stuff back plus a jetpack.
This server has to be the best server i ever played on, and after 2 years... thats alot.

So whats the best server you ever played on and why?

Please try this server before you choose i am sure your will you mind!!!!!
The link does not work
And really? This sounds like server advertisement by you saying "Play this server before telling me your story and you will probably be in love!" That is just silly.

Anyways, I have a few stories.
Me and an IRL friend on beta 1.7 private server in 2011
A minecraft 1.0 creative server
A server version I cannot remember that had a political system (was called "politicraft")
A hack/mine server I played on in 2011. One day it went down.
And @SolomonAiel 's ftb lite2 server.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
My own server. I control what items are banned(which is nothing), I can switch modpacks whenever I want, if there is lag I can fix it right away, and I can control who can and can not get on.
This. I tried going on other peoples' servers, but it was always one or more of p2w garbage, hacks galore, bad bukkit plugins /poor plugin configuration that broke FTB, constant map resets, owners giving friends admin access with no oversight...forget that noise. I up and bought a colocated machine and set up my own server, never looked back.

In the spirit of the OP, though, since we're advertising, favorite FTB server is in my sig, favorite vanilla is 2b2t.:rolleyes:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I can't play on servers. In fact, I came here to post about it.

I just tried another server yesterday and today. I won't give the name of it, but it is a large FTB server. The lag is simply unbearable. I have to break blocks not once, not twice, but up to FIVE times before I finally get that drop and can break the block behind it. Can you imagine trying to play Minecraft like this, for hours and hours?

Every server I play on has this issue. Some are better than others, yes, but ALL servers eventually get the same treatment from me - "I just can't take this lag anymore".

If anyone has a solution, please advise... here's mine: I try SMP over and over and over again, but I ALWAYS end up back in the same place - lonely SSP worlds. And yeah, that's sad. Is it the game itself that causes this madness? Or is it the internet/server capacity? Does FTB require such a massively expensive server to run properly that nobody can possibly afford it?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I can't play on servers. In fact, I came here to post about it.

I just tried another server yesterday and today. I won't give the name of it, but it is a large FTB server. The lag is simply unbearable. I have to break blocks not once, not twice, but up to FIVE times before I finally get that drop and can break the block behind it. Can you imagine trying to play Minecraft like this, for hours and hours?

Every server I play on has this issue. Some are better than others, yes, but ALL servers eventually get the same treatment from me - "I just can't take this lag anymore".

If anyone has a solution, please advise... here's mine: I try SMP over and over and over again, but I ALWAYS end up back in the same place - lonely SSP worlds. And yeah, that's sad. Is it the game itself that causes this madness? Or is it the internet/server capacity? Does FTB require such a massively expensive server to run properly that nobody can possibly afford it?

kind of in the same boat... if you want a good SMP experience you really need just a simple small server with a group of friends
joining SMP servers that are either public or whitelist is often a choice with alot of limitations, which doesn't really make it fun to play on those servers

if you've a small server with friends you can set rules and guidelines but still keep most of the things enabled
if there's a problem you could solve it together, whereas with public servers you need to send in a ticket and hope for a fix

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
PhoenixCraft's server (my server)
and Vaelstrom's server

also, uberminecraft.com is my go-to for vanilla. mostly because it has badass Dvz games. suprisingly i havn't got (much) lag on it, as long as im somewhere with ok internet.

Reactions: Padfoote

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Once there was Direwolf20 1.4.7 anarchy server.
Spawn was ruined by nukes (2000m around spawn was full of nuke holes).
Some guy wanted my head in exchange for goods.
I aggred and he trapped me in warded room with radio from portal gun, athmosphere was absolutely amazing.
Then i tried to escape and i did it.
I traveled like 10km into some mountains and that guy(the headhunter) was so nice and gave me 5 HV solar panels,3 MFSU,53 blocks of diamond and other random shit i cant remmember.
Later he srewed me somehow and i was pissed off and never come back to the server, but anyway its closed..